We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Occupational Therapist to join the new West Sussex Community Rehabilitation Service (based at the Bognor Regis Hub). This is an excellent opportunity to develop specialist skills supporting individuals who have experienced complex psychosis, treatment resistant psychosis or a related severe mental health condition that falls within the NICE guidance for Rehabilitation. The successful candidates will contribute to the development of evidence based and recovery focused occupational interventions to maximise individual independence and enable people to lead fulfilling lives.
Main duties of the job
The Community Rehabilitation Service is a new, exciting and innovative service in West Sussex. You will hold a small caseload of people within an MDT who are cared for within a recovery focused model of care.
There will be excellent opportunities for staff to utilise and develop their core Occupational Therapy skills, contributing to the planning, development and facilitation of evidence based and occupation focused group work, delivering standardised Occupational Therapy assessments and contributing an occupational perspective to multi-disciplinary discussion and treatment planning.
You will work in partnership with a diverse team of clinicians and support staff including Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Nurses and our third sector partners. In line with our Trust value of 'People First', evidence shows that people who are treated in community and in the least restrictive manner, have better outcomes. In this role you will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team, to help us provide this opportunity for the people of West Sussex in line with national agendas of The Getting It Right First Time a whole system approach to recovery from mental ill health, maximising an individual's quality of life and social inclusion.
Effective communication skills, a good clinical knowledge base, and a commitment to caring for patients in the community must be demonstrated. You must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Over the next five years, community mental health services are going to be undergoing a real transformation and you could be part of these exciting developments. Our community mental health teams will become part of a much more integrated network of services and our mental health clinicians will be central in driving the changes, in close partnership with our primary and third sector colleagues.
This post will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to develop their career. This is a supportive team where you will be offered mentorship and supervision from senior colleagues and management support. The community rehabilitation service will actively support your continuing professional development and the implementation of the AHP strategy.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care and treatment; the people that we employ are at the heart of making this vision a reality. If you've got the passion, the belief, the drive and the talent to help us achieve our vision then we would like to hear from you.
Job description Job responsibilities
We recognise that working in mental health can be stressful so we prioritise staff welfare, providing regular supervision, reflective practice, mentoring, and any other support that our clinicians need to ensure their wellbeing.
What you will receive from us:
- A robust induction and early planning to discuss development needs, preceptorship and career aspirations.
- Regular Line Management and Professional supervision
This is an excellent time for Occupational Therapists to be joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as we have just launched our AHP Strategy
- Access to a wide range of Training and CPD opportunities including; A programme of AHP specific training. (Please make contact for further examples of the AHP Training Prospectus and Training newsletter we have for our AHP staff on the details provided)
- You are encouraged to have booked on to a minimum of one internal AHP Course in a Training Year
- Quarterly Occupational Therapy CPD Hubs
- Communities of Practice (AMPS and Sensory Strategies)
- The opportunity to participate in a range QI work and service innovations
- Varied leadership development opportunities
- Opportunities to co -facilitate groups in Recovery College
Look at our AHP strategy and view our film at https://www.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/AHP
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Registration with the HPC as an occupational therapist
- Experience of working with people with mental health difficulties
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience running groups/activities
- Experience of being supervised
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.