Healthy Young Minds, (Tameside & Glossop ) are looking for professionals to join our service and be part of our exciting journey as we continue to deliver high quality services to the children, young people and Families of our Borough.Our vision is for our local community to be well-equipped to support children and young people, the adults of tomorrow, to grow up with good emotional health and well-being.
Where children, young people, families or professionals feel concerned for a child's mental health we want to be sure that they can get high quality advice and expertise about how to help, quickly and with minimum fuss. Where treatments are needed we will promote access to them and work with others to offer wider support within community and school settings.
We are keen to hear from applicants who have experience of neurodevelopmental pathways such as Autism and ADHD as these are some of our services key priorities.
Main duties of the job
Are you an energetic, skilled mental health professional? Are you somebody that relishes change and service development? Do you see the opportunity to positively influence a young person's emotional health and well-being as a privilege? If so, we want you to join us on our journey to be the best we can be for our community. We welcome contact from people who have any questions or wish to discuss the post further.
T&G CAMHS is a forward-thinking service, taking pride in a history of innovative service development. Examples include being home to the long-established Early Attachment Service, which is a nationally recognised, specialist parent-infant mental health and under 5 service. Recent investment has also enabled the creation of an innovative training, consultation and therapeutic service co-located within Children's Social Care which takes a relationship-focused and trauma-informed approach to the integration of specialist clinical skills within a quality Family Intervention Service working at all levels of the Child Protection Framework from Early Help to Edge of Care.
Significant new investment is currently facilitating a considerable expansion of our service, and we are actively seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hard-working individuals to a range of roles within our service. If you would like to become part of our highly skilled and dynamic team, we would love to hear from you!
Job description Job responsibilities
The support, development and well-being of our team are the foundations on which we base ourservices to ensure children and young people get the best care. We have strong links with local universities and are active in the North West CYP IAPT Collaborative which allows access to training in CBT, IPT, Systemic Family Practice, Parenting and Service Leadership and Transformation. You will receive robust clinical supervision in a range of modalities both individually and with peers to help you achieve the high standards possible. Your professional and personal development is our development and this is essential to ensuring we continue to evolve the service and the people who make that happen.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health /Social Work Qualification or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification relating to CYP
- Knowledge of childhood, emotional and psychosocial development
- Knowledge of mental health conditions
- Knowledge of legislation and National Policies in relation to mental health issues in young people
- Knowledge of therapeutic interventions with this client group
- Knowledge of local services
- Multi disciplinary working
- Experience of working in mental health Services
- Experience of managing risk
- Safeguarding children and young people experience
- Experience of working with Children and Young people
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to plan and organise own casework
- Ability to analyse situations, evaluate options and produce effective solutions and outcomes
- Ability to develop liaison/links and familiarity with other professional networks
- Ability to prioritise key tasks, and targets for intervention
- Ability to evaluate service initiatives for effectiveness/outcome
- Ability to co ordinate strategies for innovations/developments
- Evidence of risk assessment skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.