Essex Learning Disability Partnership
are looking for an experienced and Registered Senior Clinical Psychologist
with a passion for delivering the highest standard of care for individuals that have a learning disability. You will be working as the lead psychologis within our Assessment and Treatment Inpatient Service for adults with Learning Disabilities based at Lexden Hospital, Colchester.
This is a post suitable for an senior qualified Clinical Psychologist who has experience and passion for working with people with learnining Dsiabilities. We may offer a preceptorship programme that allows you to develop your clinical, communication and leadership skills with excellent support.
The Assessment and Treatment service (A&T) provides a specialist health service for up to six adults with a learning disability, who require an admission to a specialist learning disability unit. This is usually due to a decline in their mental health and/or behaviour that cannot be safely met within the community, and the level of support they require not being appropriate for mainstream mental health services. Psychologists are involved in all aspects of service user care on the unit, supporting individuals towards recovery and a discharge back to the community. You will be responsible for delivery of Psychological therapies provision on the unit and will supervise and manage a PBS specialist and trainees.
You will be working as part of an interdisciplinary team to assess service user’s needs, devising and implementing psychological input. You will also be working at a systems level to help implement psychological thinking within the staff teams on the unit.The Requirements:
Please consider applying for this post if you can demonstrate within your application form that you meet all of the requirements set out above. The Benefits:
- Professional Registration with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empowering and supporting the independence of adults with learning disabilities who use our services.
- Experincing of leading, supervising and managing teams/ colleagues
- Demonstrable experience of caring for people with learning disabilities or complex health needs in a way that is most appropriate for their needs.
- Knowledge of common physical, mental and emotional health needs experienced by people with a learning disability.
- Experience of communicating calmly, efficiently and in a friendly manner, using a variety of methods, with people who require support, members of the MDT, carers/family and other agencies involved in the person’s care.
- Experience of maintaining high standards of record keeping.
- A good understanding of legislation and national guidance relating to the care and support of people with a learning disability.
About Us:Essex Learning Disability Partnership
- NHS and Employee Discounts
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- 35 days Annual Leave and Public Holiday Entitlement, Increasing to 37 Days After 5 Years of Service, and 41 Days After 10 Years' Service
- Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Various Staff Wellbeing Programmes
- Free Parking
- Varied Career Pathway Options
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Paid DBS application
is an innovative collaboration between Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust and Essex Partnership University Trust. The partnership was formed in 2017 and is responsible for all NHS learning disability community and inpatient services across Essex. Our work bases are as follows:
- Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Services, Braintree and Harlow
- North East Essex Community Learning Disability Services, Colchester
- South Essex Community Learning Disability Services, Laindon and Billericay
- Lexden Hospital, Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability, Colchester
- Byron Court, Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability, Billericay
By working together, the two organisations each bring diverse expertise and a wealth of experience. The objective is to transform Learning Disability services in Essex by working creatively to remove barriers and duplication and deliver excellent care underpinned by the following principles:
For further details / informal visits contact:
- Community Focused
- Equality of Access
Name: Hitesh Raval
Job title: Clinical Psychologist
Email address: email@example.comBe part of something Outstanding with Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
This is a hugely exciting time for HPFT having recently been awarded an outstanding CQC rating and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to achieve this rating.
Over the years the quality of our services and the achievements of our staff have been recognised nationally including the “Mental Health Trust of The Year Award” for 2020
at the Health Service Journal Awards.
In a recent NHS Staff Survey, we achieved the best score for safety culture amongst mental health and learning disabilities trusts throughout the country. Our staff have also said that they would recommend HPFT as a place to work and as a place for their
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.