The East Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS) provides multidisciplinary work within three designated smaller teams of, Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Str Workers, Doctors and Psychologists/Psychological therapists. The East ATS team has close working relationships with community, acute and urgent care services. There is also a close connection with Experts by Experience, primary care and third sector organisations through triage and shared packages of support.
We are looking for an innovative and skilled Band 7 Clinical Specialist OT to work within the East ATS. In your role you will manage a caseload of complex clients, using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
You will provide OT assessments, interventions, clinical advice and input for clients with complex presentation and needs. You will be supervising and supporting OT staff within the team, lead on service developments, implementations and ensure OT contribution to the delivery of quality clinical care and performance standards.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be designated as a cluster lead to one of the three clusters within the main service. You will provide leadership to staff within this cluster promoting high performance and care standards both individually and as a team. This part of your role will also include coordination of referrals, delegation of clinical work and communication relating to a designated cluster team.
The successful applicant will need to have substantial clinical experience as an OT within a community mental health setting, demonstrate leadership acumen and be able to work collaboratively across a range of partners.
You will have a strong sense of team work, be able to demonstrate how you have worked productively within a team and describe the values that matter to you. You will need to embrace the use of performance measures to help to achieve agreed targets and support the team, through supervision arrangements, to provide assurance around care planning, risk assessment and participation.
You will need to have a lot of initiative, creativity, flexibility, and to know how to engage with people to bring the best out of them.
About us What we can offer you in return
- Regular Professional and managerial supervision
- Access to a wide range of Training and CPD opportunities including;
- A programme of Allied Health Professional specific training
- Quarterly Occupational Therapy CPD Hubs
- Communities of Practice (AMPS, Sensory Strategies and Recovery Through Activity)
- The opportunity to participate in a range QI work and service innovations
- Varied leadership development opportunities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details. This is an excellent time for Occupational Therapists to be joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as we have just launched our first AHP Strategy. Look at our AHP strategy at
attachment.pdf (sussexpartnership.nhs.uk) View our film
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Evidence of post qualification study
- Registration with the HPC as an occupational therapist
- Practice Education training
- Training in the use of standardised occupational therapy assessment tools
- Extensive experience as a qualified occupational therapist in mental health
- Broad experience of working with clients with a range of mental health problems
- Experience of both group and individual work
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Experience as a Care Coordinator
- Experience in a clinical area related to the post
- Leadership experience
- Experience in applying a range of assessment tools and a comprehensive knowledge of occupational therapy clinical approaches used in mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.