Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult Psychiatry, Pendle CMHT (10PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Psychiatry to work as part of the Pendle Community Mental Health Team. This is a full time (10PA) post based at Pendle House, Nelson.
Main duties of the job
The Pendle CMHT is one of six in Pennine Lancashire. You will be working as part of an MDT and would carry a compact caseload of the most complex and unstable cases, as well as supporting and advising other team members.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we are expanding our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, GIRFT, research and Mental Health Law. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Excellent knowledge and experience suitable for this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.