An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 7 Clinical Effectiveness Lead to work across 2 older adult inpatient units. As part of our service transformation, Humber have expanded bed capacity for older adults to better meet demand and provide a safer, single sex environment for people who require admission to mental health settings. Mill View Lodge is a 9 bedded female acute admission unit for people aged 65 and older with a functional mental health diagnosis. Maister Court is a 5 bedded male acute admission unit for people aged 65 and older with a functional mental health diagnosis.
Main duties of the job
As Clinical Lead you will assume leadership for the development and delivery of clinical services for both units working closely with Team Leader, Service Manager, Modern Matron, Deputy Charge Nurses and the wider staff team which comprises several disciplines.
In return you will be well supported by senior colleagues, a wide and diverse MDT structure and a growing network of innovative and experienced inpatient senior clinical leadership across the Unplanned Mental Health Division. There will be opportunity for you to further develop your own professional interests to clinically enhance this pivotal new role.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
Job description Job responsibilities
As a crucial part of the MDT, you will have advanced clinical knowledge and skills to ensure people who use the service receive excellent, safe, and holistic care. The Clinical Lead will work closely with colleagues in the Older Peoples Crisis Teams to ensure the availability of beds and promoting optimal patient flow through the acute services when appropriate to individual needs. The Clinical Lead will head up the development of Clinical Models and intervention on both units promoting best practice and evidence-based care.
You will be able to demonstrate passion for older peoples care and an ambition was excellent care and meaningful patient journey. There will be the expectation to deliver clinical supervision to junior colleagues and support with revalidation, appraisals will be completed jointly with the Team Leader with a focus on staff development.
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant professional qualification
- Educated to post registration/graduate diploma level or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge or experiential learning/experience
- Prepared to undertake or hold a recognised non-medical prescribing qualification, if required
- Advanced/expert clinical/practice qualification
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusiono
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts out of own area of work/responsibility
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Advanced/expert understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Evidence of policy implementation and development
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area to advanced level of post-graduate diploma or equivalent knowledge /experiential learning
- Evidence of advanced practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active user/carer involvement/participation
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
- Proven leadership/management experience, able to demonstrate examples of positive impact/change within service delivery/practice at an advanced/expert level
- Ability to work across team/organisational boundaries developing and maintaining multi-professional and multi-agency partnerships
- Experience of developing others through education, mentorship, coaching, teaching, assessing, presentations, publishing
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.