The Trust is seeking a Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist to join the Dementia and Older Persons community team (DOPMHS South West) and to provide support to a 10 bed Dementia intensive care ward.
This vacancy has arisen as a service restructure and the Trust regards this as an opportune moment to develop the functioning of the teams.
Please note this post attracts aGolden Hello payment of up to £5,000
as aRelocation Package of up to £8000.
Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
This is a substantive post covering the community of Adur, Arun and Worthing (AAW) area and a 10 bed Dementia ward. The consultant will work in the Dementia and Older Persons Mental health pathway (DOPMHS South West) and The Forget Me Not Unit. The population of over 65's in the area covered by this post is approximately 121000 (divided between 4.5 WTE consultants). However, the service also sees people under 65 with dementia.
This post is one example of the commitment of the Trust to develop better provision and capacity for Older Peoples services helping to achieve better outcomes for the families and carers using the service. This post completes the medical establishment of the team providing a minimum of 4.5 whole time equivalent Consultant Psychiatrists for the community team and to provide support to the newly refurbished Dementia inpatient unit, The Forget Me Not Unit.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
The post split is as follows:
- 3.5 sessions DOPMHS (South West)
- 4 sessions10 bed In patient ward
- 2.5 sessions SPA
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Eligibility Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Clinical Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.