Forest House Adolescent Unit is situated in Radlett, 5 miles outside of the historical city of ST Albans and 20 miles from London.
The unit is a specialist psychiatric in-patient unit for 13-18 year olds and has a diverse multi-disciplinary team running a daily therapeutic programme.
The service has high standards of professionalism, Care and Treatment.
We are currently looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic person into the ‘Team Leader’ post. This is one of two Team Leader posts within the in-patient service, open, honest, clear and concise communication is a must!
Making this a dynamic duo that oversee the day to day management of the nursing team and work alongside the Modern Matron in the overall management of the unit.
The Team Leaders are responsible for the operational management of the unit and provide leadership to the clinical team, in partnership with the CAMHS senior management, consultant psychiatrists, lead clinicians and modern matron on service planning, developments and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be a registered nurse in either mental health, learning disabilities or sick children’s nursing with experience in Child and Adolescent Mental Health at band 6 or equivalent.
The person appointed into this post will hold the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- A good knowledge of the Children Act and Mental Health Act
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work effectively with a management structure
- The ability to manage change and support others during the change process
In return the trust is committed to offering the successful candidate:
- A friendly and enthusiastic team
- A challenging and rewarding environment
- Committed supportive management, both internally and externally
- Good opportunities for continuing professional development and training
- An induction and up-to-date mandatory training
- Regular clinical and management supervision
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a pivotal role, within a challenging but very rewarding service and Trust.
For more information and to arrange an informal visit please contact
Garikayi Teera, 07880082168
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Garikayi Teera Job title Service Line Lead Email address email@example.com Telephone number 07880082168
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.