Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner –Non Medical Prescriber
This year is an exciting and significant year for Nursing in MPFT Children & Adolescent Mental Health. We are currently developing our CAMHS services as part of wider Mental Health Investment and the NHS Long Term Plan.
We are developing our nursing profile to strengthen the value in the profession. We offer diversity and flexibility as part of the extended nurse role as we strive for excellence in nursing services. Across our Children & Adolescent Mental Health Services our career pathway spans Pre Registration to Nurse Consultancy level with our first Nurse Consultant recruited to and our first Advanced Clinical Nursing Practitioners graduating this year. We want our nurses to be the best they can be and we will provide ongoing support and development for our nurses to ensure this. As a Nurse in CAMHS you will have access to specialist supervision, be provided with development opportunities in training, shadowing, rotational, leadership, and clinical development opportunities.
We are delighted that investment in our core CAMHS provision has enabled us to offer an opportunity for a Specialist Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-NMP to join our CAMHS Team based in Tamworth to support the needs of our children, young people and families.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Passionate about working with the children and young people seen in our CAMH services
• Collaborative in their approach to working with children, young people, their families and networks
• Excited about the opportunity to contribute to developing services
• Keen to strengthen the value and profile of nursing, whilst also working with and recognising the strengths of, the multi-disciplinary team
• Able to deliver a high quality, comprehensive mental health service for children, young people and families with a range of mental health conditions.
• Capable of managing a defined caseload with a focus on working with children, young people and their families, offering bio-psychosocial assessments and a range of evidenced based interventions.
• Keen to strengthen their continuing professional development
• Provide nursing leadership within the team and function
• Advocate for nursing and support the development of the nursing within the Trust
• Offering advice, support and supervision to other healthcare professionals including actual and supervisory prescribing
• Supporting and providing clinical leadership on the development of the NMP function within the team
If you are passionate about nursing and working with children, young people and families then we want you to apply for one of our posts in MPFT.
For further information about this role please contact Claire Lindop- CAMHS Team lead on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.