This is an exciting opportunity to join our hospital discharge team based at the East Brighton Community Mental Health Centre, Brighton General Hospital. The team is formed of mental health nurses, social workers, bed manager, discharge co-ordinator, and support workers. The discharge team supports patient flow through acute in-patient care using the Let's Get You Home Framework and the SAFER discharge model.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Main duties of the job
The role of the Pathway worker is to strengthen links between In-patient services (NHS and private providers) and the Assessment and Treatment Service, (Community mental health team). The postholder will work collaboratively with both the acute and community clinical teams to facilitate effective discharge planning, supporting communication and planning about a patients discharge pathway. This post will be supporting the East Assessment and Treatment service (ATS), and we also have another vacancy for a Pathways worker in West ATS which is based at Mill View Hospital, Hove.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Brighton:
- Be spoilt for choice with Brighton's iconic seafront, vibrant lanes and array of shops and attractions
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns on your doorstep
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the renowned Devils Dyke and South Downs National Park
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic and resourceful community mental health nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker. You will have excellent communication skills and be skilled in liaising with and working across a number of services . Please see the attached Job Description document for full details about the role and responsibilities.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- At least 1 year relevant experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.