The Addiction Services in Bedfordshire (Path 2 Recovery) ELFT seek to recruit a Nurse specialist BBV and Physical health Nurse for our service. Are looking for a new challenge and rewarding job? P2R operate from two Hubs Bedford and Dunstable you will be required to cover both hubs. Physical health intervention is key to drug and alcohol treatment. This client group face health inequalities and typically engagement can be poor. Do you have persuasive skills and want to support our client that have multiple health difficulties and co-morbidity?
Main duties of the job
Your role as a Physical health will include:General physical health assessments and interventions Specific assessments and interventions for drug and alcohol use Virology testing Vaccination Maintaining pathways into secondary and primary care Engaging patients into health assessment, interventions, and learning to care for their own health Working together with recovery workers and other clinical staff in the team Pragmatic and flexible thinking
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
you will also be liaising with various agencies to achieve positive outcomes for our clients. Must be able to work autonomously and training will be provided.
Person Specification Education, Training & Qualifications Essential
- Registered General Nurse
- Evidence of portfolio of personal development
- Independent Non-Medical Prescriber
- Medical nursing experience with transferable skills
- Championing health initiatives/pathways
- Delivering training
- Working with people who use drugs or alcohol in any capacity
- Primary Care Practice work
- Working with Patient Group Directions
- Sexual health services
- Tissue Viability services
- Liver disease services
Skills & Abilities, and Values Essential
- Sound general medical knowledge
- Wound management
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- IT literacy
- Ability to work well as a team
- Ability to empower service users
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the service.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to work effectively with other agencies
- Ability to network with other organisations and services
- Phlebotomy skills
- Liver disease management
- Chest Infections - identification and treatment
- Complications of injecting drug use
- Contraception management
Knowledge & Understanding Essential
- Effects of drug and alcohol use on health
- Statutory responsibilities like Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Understanding and commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- NMC code
- Liver disease
- Sexual health services
Other requirements relevant to the post Essential
- Motivated to providing the highest standards of care
- Awareness of equal opportunities
- Able to work within the accountability framework
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.