The Single Point of Access (SPA) is the initial intake service for CAMHS, where assessments are completed of children and young people's mental health and emotional needs.
The Sutton Alliance CAMHS Tier 2 provision is a collaborative initiative between SWLSTG, Sutton Local Authority and Voluntary Sector partners. The Sutton Alliance offer includes; counselling services, Tier 2 Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), self-harm therapeutic support, Youth Offending Team (YOT) services and bereavement support. Some of these pathways are directly provided by professionals employed by the Trust while other pathways are subcontracted to partner agencies.
Main duties of the job
The Professional Lead will be responsible for co-ordination of:
Our offer to you:
- Clinical delivery including assessment, intervention, consultation and training across the SPA and the Trust led Sutton Alliance pathways.
- Clinical Governance systems, including; safe and effective practice, demand and capacity management and supervision arrangements.
- Liaison with the relevant staff in the local authority, voluntary sector partners and education partners, to ensure close multi-agency working.
In addition, to our wide range of benefits we also offer: Agile and flexible working:
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible and agile working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday in the time frames from 09:00 to 17:00, giving you the very best of good work life balance.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Job description Job responsibilities To provide highly specialist psychological assessments of young people and their families referred to the Service based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with young people, family members and others involved in the clients care. To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a child or young persons mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the clients problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy, across the full range of care settings. To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions for individual children and young people, carers, families and groups, within and across teams employed individually and in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses. To evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual, family or group. To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of children and young people whose problems are managed by psychologically based standard care plans. To provide specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to child or young persons formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan. To ensure that all members of the treating team have access to a psychologically based framework for understanding and care of client children and young people of the service, through the provision of advice and consultation and the dissemination of psychological research and theory. To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual children and young people and to provide general advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management. To coordinate care, ensuring the provision of a care package appropriate for the child or young persons needs, coordinating the work of others involved with care, tasking responsibility for arranging reviews as required and communicating effectively with the child or young person, his/her family and all others involved in the network of care, and to monitor progress during the course of multi-disciplinary interventions. To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans of children and young people under their care and to monitor and evaluate progress during the course of both uni- and multi-disciplinary care. To provide expertise, advice and support to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological care by all members of the treatment team.
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- Qualified Clinical Psychologist
- Professional registration as a Practitioner Psychologist under the Health Care Professions Council
- Post-doctoral/graduate training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice with children and young people
- Clinical training as part of a CYP IAPT collaborative in a recognised evidenced based approach i.e. CBT, Parenting Skills or other.
- Substantial experience of working as a qualified psychologist including experience of working at a highly specialist level with children and young people with a wide range of mental and behavioural disorders
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings.
- Experience of teaching, training and professional and clinical supervision
- Experience of service development and leadership.
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Experience of working with mental health needs in multiple cultural contexts.
- Experience of managing the clinical performance of staff
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- High-level skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management in relation to children and young people with severe and complex mental physical and behavioural conditions
- Excellent skills in effective communication, both orally and in writing, of highly technical and clinically sensitive information to children and young people, their families, carers and other professional colleagues.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups
- Knowledge of research design and methodology, including qualitative methods and complex multivariate data analysis
- Knowledge of UK legislation in relation to health and welfare services for children and young people and in relation to child mental health.
- Well-developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. children and young people with complex needs, personality disorder, dual diagnoses, people with additional disabilities).
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.