We are looking for an experienced and ambitious musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapist who would like to develop their leadership and management skills through this unique hybrid role. This role will include a combination of operational management of a local physiotherapy team as well as working as a Senior clinician within the team supervising others and managing more complex MSK presentations. This role would also include managing and supporting the delivery of First Contact Physiotherapy Clinics.
As a new clinical manager we will be committed to supporting your development and have within the trust a wide range of management and leadership courses to support this as well as a robust supervision structure within the service to give you the best possible start.
If you are an experienced MSK Physiotherapist who has an interest in management and leadership then this would be an ideal opportunity for you to gain an insight and experience in operational management as well as developing and maintaining your clinical practice.
Main duties of the job
The main duties of this role would include :
Operational Management of the Physiotherapy Team across multiple sites.
Management of First Contact Physiotherapy Clinics
Delivering an advanced level of MSK Physiotherapy to service users with complex MSK presentations and supervising other physiotherapists.
Supporting other Team Lead Physiotherapists across the service within Northamptonshire when required.
Leading and managing countywide and local projects to develop and improve the service.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Physiotherapy Degree
- Health Care Professions Council Registration
- A minimum of five years' experience as a Physiotherapist, currently at a band six level (or equivalent) or above.
- Significant experience in MSK Physiotherapy/ related field of Physiotherapy as a Specialist Physiotherapist.
- Evidence of Post Graduate Training and Certifications relevant to the field of MSK Physiotherapy.
- Highly developed skills and clinical reasoning in relation to completing Physiotherapy assessments, developing treatment plans, goal setting and treatment progression
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of completing supervision and appraisals with others
- Evidence of mentoring other physiotherapists
- Involvement in service development and leadership
- Experience of leading on designated projects/ in specific work area.
- Experience of providing in -service training or other relevant presentations/ training programmes
- Masters level study or equivalent in appropriate field
- Leadership/Management Qualification/ Training
- Evidence of leadership and management skills
- A member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Experience working as a B7 Physiotherapist
- Experience of working within the NHS
- Knowledge and practise of First Contact Physiotherapy
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Strong Leadership and management skills.
- Highly developed skills in clinical assessment, intervention, and evaluation
- The ability to identify and act upon adverse clinical signs such as red flags.
- The ability to act independently and make reasoned decisions, without direct support.
- Evidence of ability to undertake self- directed learning and development in addition to supporting others to do so
- Strong leadership skills with experience of completing supervision and appraisals with others
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own caseload in addition to supporting others to do so.
- Ability to learn through experience and receive feedback from others
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate sensitively with clients and staff
- Confident IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Able to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day and carry out concurrent activities.to work under pressure and to work to deadlines
- Highly developed physical therapy skills, which involve a high degree of precision, e.g manual therapy.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to travel between sites within Northamptonshire as required
- Time management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Project management skills
Behaviours & Attributes Essential
- Open and honest at all times
- Team working
- Flexibility within role
- Self reflective and committed to on-going learning
- Calm under pressure or in conflict situations
- Shows compassion to service users, carers and staff
- Positive approach to change and able to positively challenge
- Creative and willing to share ideas
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.