We currently have a vacancy for one Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager to join our acute inpatient clinical team in Stockport. The successful applicant will work on Norbury ward, which is an acute admission ward, providing assessments and care for females aged between 18-65 with acute mental health needs who require a period of hospital admission.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively as a Deputy Ward Manager have excellent communication skills, welcome a challenge and have a real desire to make a difference to the care we provide to the adult age group inclusive of evolving models of care and modernisation of mental health services.
The Trust will facilitate learning opportunities for the post holder in leadership, mentorship and trust wide training programmes and a range of opportunities for professional and personal development.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
You will be responsible for the assessment of needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for clients admitted on the ward. You will supervise the work of junior staff, ensuring the highest possible standard of nursing care in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust, the Mental Health Act and all other legalisation. You will be responsible for deputising for theward managerin their absence. As well as providing supervision and IPDR to junior staff.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
The successful candidate will have first level registration as an RMN/RNMH, have experience of working in a mental health setting and be able to work across the 24 hour shift pattern on a rotational basis.
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- First level registration (RMN)
- Appropriate diploma or post registration equivalent
- Evidence of Continual Professional development
- IT Literate
- Preparation for mentorship
- Training in management of violence and aggression
- Training in psychosocial interventions
- Experience at Band 5 and evidence of appropriate clinical management experience.
- Experience of working in acute mental health settings.
- Experience of working in a range of mental health settings.
- Good understanding of Mental Illness
- Knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with acute mental health needs
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CPA process.
- Knowledge of current policy and guidance in relation to the development of Acute Mental Health Services.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on complex and sensitive information
- Ability to complete the appropriate documentation.
- Good social skills and have a positive attitude within the team and when dealing with service users, staff, carers, visitors and the public.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.