We are looking for a dynamic and driven leader to take on the role of team manager for our well performing, busy Community Mental Health Team based in Little Hulton, Salford.
You will be working to lead an experienced and integrated multidisciplinary team who provide high quality specialist mental health care to service users and their carers in Salford.
As the successful candidate you will lead in the day to day operation of the service in line with set key performance indicators and in collaboration with the team senior practitioners, advanced clinical practitioner, clinical psychologist and consultants. You will also be actively supported by the divisional operational manager to develop and deliver quality improvement ideas and projects.
Your personal development will be promoted and access to learning opportunities assured through our appraisal process.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the day to day operational management, leadership and development of a designated multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Team which is integrated, flexible, user focussed and recovery-orientated.
- To deliver a safe, effective, and high quality service to service users with mental health needs, to ensure delivery to the relevant clinical pathways as outlined within the CMHT operational procedure
- Participation as a member of the Community Services Management Team in the overall management of community based secondary mental health services.
- Participate in the service Bronze on call and Bronze on Site rota.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Responsible for operational delivery of service day to day including performance against key performance indicators
- Ensuring staff are effectively supported and have access to the necessary training required for their roles and personal development
- Collaborative working with the service's leadership team to deliver service and trust objectives
- Undertake incident and complaint investigations, taking learning arising into service developments
- Work with neighbourhood and VCSE leads to develop integrated pathways into primary care
- Drive close relationships with GMMH R&I teams to support the embedding of research into practice and service improvements
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Professional registration (NMC/HCPC)
- Leadership qualification
- RCA training
- CPD relevant to role
- CPA framework
- Identification and management of safeguarding
- What the Care Act is
- Clinical risk assessment and management
- Budget management
- HR policies
- Leadership models
- Leading MDTs
- Senior clinical roles
- Clinical risk assessment and management planning
- Experience of induction and training of new staff within the Multidisciplinary team
- Safeguarding system and process management
- Delivering change in teams
- Clinical audit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.