Are you a proactive and motivated individual keen for a career with occupational therapy? Are you keen to support individuals with personality disorder? Would you like to be part of a pioneering Occupational Therapy service to embed co-production at all levels of care?Main duties of the job
Responsible for: Supporting Occupational Therapists to perform their role in the assessment, treatment and development of individuals in our care.
Responsible to: Ward Occupational Therapist and Head of Occupational Therapy (Line manager).About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support.
Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPost:
Occupational Therapy Assistant Salary:
£22,500 per annum Base:
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, Gidds Pond Way, Weavering, ME14 5FT Responsible for:
Supporting Occupational Therapists to perform their role in the assessment, treatment and development of individuals in our care. Responsible to:
Ward Occupational Therapist and Head of Occupational Therapy (Line manager). Hours:
37.5 hours per week Location:
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, Gidds Pond Way, Weavering, ME14 5FT Service Line:
Mental Health Adults Female (Personality Disorder) Summary of the site:Cygnet Hospital Maidstone
is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment. The hospital will provide an important and much-needed service for local patients from Kent.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services:
- Roseacre Ward Highly Specialised Personality Disorder service for women
- Kingswood Ward High Dependency Rehabilitation service for men
- Bearsted Ward Specialist PICU Service for Men
- Saltwood Ward Male low secure ward
The hospitals services have been requested and agreed by local and regional NHS bodies to meet the urgent demand for specialist mental health services within Kent. The aim is to ensure that local people can be treated close to home and as near as possible to their friends and family. Summary of the ward:
Roseacre is Cygnet Hospital Maidstone's Personality Disorder service for Women. Roseacre supports women with a history of Personality Disorder, self-harm and trauma. You do not need experience in Personality Disorder services; however a willingness to learn new skills. MDT:
There is a highly experienced Multi-Disciplinary Team made up of a consultant psychiatrist, specialty doctor, occupational therapist, psychotherapist, assistant psychologist, social worker, registered mental health nurses and healthcare assistants. In this role you will:
- Deliver planned activities for patients under the direction of the ward Occupational Therapist (OT) and Multidisciplinary Team
- Assist the OT in the day to day duties and running of the department
- Undertake assessment and intervention programmes with clients as delegated by a senior occupational therapist underpinned by appropriate experience / knowledge
- Contribute ideas, create and facilitate events and activities safely and support people to structure their time through meaningful activity
- Have involvement in the delivery of one to one and group interventions
- Implement individual care plans during activity sessions and take into account specific interests and opportunities to promote choice and independence
If you feel you suit the criteria and have an interest in mental health and Occupational Therapy, then please make an application today. 5 reasons why you should make an application today
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- We care about people in our services
- We are a very supportive and friendly team
- You will be an integral part of a large, well established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- We offer lots of in-service training in OT assessments and interventions
- We support the learning and professional growth of our staff members and offer e-learning and training opportunities on a multitude of mental health topics
In return we will offer you:
- A good understanding of mental health diagnosis
- Knowledge of recovery approaches and social inclusion
- Experience of supporting service users with mental illness
- A relevant healthcare qualification is desirable
- Effective communication skills, good organisations skills and a positive attitude
- A competitive salary of £22,500 per annum
- Opportunities to undertake further learning and development.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Regular supervision with experienced Occupational Therapists on site as well as peer support
- Company pension scheme; Life insurance and health plan
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
ME14 5FTEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.