We have an opportunity for a full-time Specialty Doctor to shape services at Litchurch Ward at Cygnet Hospital Derby while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team. Main duties of the job
Litchurch Ward is our male low secure service and can support up to 15 men who have mental health or dual/multiple diagnosis needs. Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. About us
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives. We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated Good or Outstanding. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAre you an outstanding Specialty or Associate Specialist Doctor looking for your next challenge in psychiatry and a competitive salary?
With us, youll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
We have an opportunity for afull-timeSpecialty Doctor
to shape services atLitchurch Ward at Cygnet Hospital Derby
while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team. Litchurch Ward
is our male low secure service and can support up to 15 men who have mental health or dual/multiple diagnosis needs.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects whilereaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day. Your role responsibilities
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
- Partake in an regional on call rota of 1:7
We are looking for someone who is...
- Salary up to £90,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where youll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- 30 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- 5 days study leave, study budget and in-house CPD/ peer group programme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme covering 3x salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Research opportunities to include publishing in The Cygnet Journal (Cygnets co-produced peer review journal) and joining the Cygnet Research & Development Group
- Opportunity to lead and participate in QI & Audit initiatives
- Company Funded Cash plan with the ability to claim up to £1000 per annum worth of benefits including free Physiotherapy, Osteopaths, Optical, dental, consultations, scans and free prescriptions
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Car leasing scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Cygnet Annual Medical Conference, please follow the link below to find out more about this years conference
Our CESR programme
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level and youll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
Youll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development and youll receive support with MRCPsych exams. Cygnet Health Care
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our exp Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.