This post offers a Golden Hello or Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000
Are you a RMN, OT or Social Worker with experience working in a mental health setting?
Perhaps you're looking for a change? To improve or expand your current skills?
Are you passionate about working with adults with mental health problems?
We are a secondary mental health community team accepting referrals from the Eastbourne, Seaford and Hailsham catchment area. Our Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) consists of Senior Nurse Practitioners, RMN's & RGN's, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Operational Leads, Pharmacy, Consultant Psychiatry, Graduate Mental Health Practitioners and support workers.
We deliver short term, goal focussed interventions for those with severe and enduring mental health care needs.
We're seeking 2 Band 6 Clinicians to join us on the beautiful south coast in our Eastbourne Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS). In this role you will be responsible for assessing, planning and delivering care and treatment, and reviewing progress for a range of adults presenting with a variety of complex mental health problems.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in the office and on site. We currently offer interventions Face to Face as well as virtually. We have a vast Group Therapy timetable which you would also have opportunity to join.
Main duties of the job
The role involves acting as the Lead in the care and treatment required to support clients with complex mental health needs. This role involves working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders regarding care and treatment needs & progress. This will be virtual and face to face interventions and likely to involve multiple agencies.
Your role is to co-ordinate the required treatment and complete regular progress reviews and consider effectiveness of the treatment provided. Once stabilised you will transfer patients to primary/ voluntary care services. If the person requires more extensive support.
This role also involves supporting clients with their physical health awareness and some health education.
You will be required to manage your caseload efficiently and effectively and in line with our service KPI's. You will be allocated protected time to complete this.
As part of this role you are also required to allocate time/ cover to the Duty rota and the Assessment rota, and on occasion support the LAI clinic. We have a dedicated team for Triage and a dedicated team for the Denzapine clinic.
ATS are fast paced and changeable, ours is no different. The post holder must have the ability to be organised, reactive and able to work under pressures. Our supportive team ethic makes this possible. To ensure all the staff have the support they require, the team receive regular supervision, reflective practice and annual appraisals.
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the iconic Beachy Head and Seven Sisters National Park
- Known as 'The Sunshine Coast', Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the more modern Sovereign Harbour Marina
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified RMN, OT or Social Worker, registered with the relevant professional body
- Have good experience of clinical assessments and risk management
- Possess prior experience working with people with mental health difficulties
It would also be advantageous if you:
- Have experience working in a community team although not essential
You will be fully supported and empowered to make a difference to creatively develop new ways of working towards building safe and responsive quality mental health services fit for the future. We are currently undertaking a number of Quality Improvement projects to improve the service further
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional Health or Social Care Registration (NMC or HCPC)
- Mentorship Course / ENB998 or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD
- Significant post qualification experience
- Experience of working with people with serious mental Health problems
- Experience of risk assessment of & research into suicide and self-harm
- Experience of working with self-harm client group
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.