We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Practice Lead to join the Torbay Community Mental Health teams. The service is embarking on a challenging but exciting journey with the implementation of the Community Mental Health Framework. The successful applicant will be an innovative and compassionate clinical leader, who is motivated to support the teams to deliver individualised, person-centred care and will make a significant contribution to service development. This is an opportunity to join us as we modernise and improve our services to meet the needs of local people and their families and Carers.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated leadershipteam who arecommitted to the positive development of community mental health services for people living in Exeter?
- Are you looking for a better work/life balance with no weekend working?
- If you are looking to relocate to the fabulous county of Devon we have a relocation package that may be suitable for you.
You will join a rich multi-disciplinary team which includes Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Peer Support Workers, Clinical Associate Psychologists and Community Support Workers. We are also forming closer working relationships with colleagues in Primary Care and the Voluntary Sector.
We welcome you getting in touch to ask questions about the role and the service. It is also possible to visit the teams, if you would find this helpful. Please contact Julie Wilson (Community Services Manager) for further information or to arrange a visit:
Telephone: 07841 718173 About you
You will be an experienced mental health professional (Registered Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist) who has a genuine interest in collaborative working, patient safety and delivering high quality care.You will feel confident providing guidance to teams and individual clinicians in relation to these key areas, as well as clearly communicating progress and outcomes.As a key part of the Exeter community leadership team, you will play an important role in the development of the service, in line with the Community Mental Health Framework. Our leadership team is also passionate about promoting and improving staff wellbeing and we would welcome applications from individuals who share these values.
You will have an enthusiastic approach towards your professional development. In return, you will receive an annual appraisal, monthly clinical and management supervision and the support of an experienced and committed multi-disciplinary leadership team. We will provide a comprehensive induction and support you to learn the skills you need to thrive in the role. We will also offer you the training and development opportunities that you need in order to feel fulfilled in your career. The location
Your base will be at Chadwell house, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions. About us
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff. Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
You’ll be part of a compassionate and supportive team that is genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do. Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience. We are on an incredible journey of innovation and we’d like you to be part of it. Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme applies – both earn up to £500 See attached t&c’s
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat. Great place to work. Great place to live.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.