The Camden Primary Care Mental Health Service is a commissioned service provided by Camden and Islington Foundation Trust (CIFT) in conjunction with Camden MIND, Camden Local Authority and Hillside Clubhouse. The service was developed in response to the Five Year Forward View, GP and commissioner and service user feedback and in line with the CIFT clinical strategy to enhance mental health expertise and support of primary care.
Main duties of the job
The aim of the service is to increase the number of people whose mental health support is appropriately managed within primary care and to enhance the capability and confidence of primary care staff to manage mental health conditions. Patients may have complex mental health difficulties, long term physical health conditions, and/or be frequent users of GP or A&E and other resources, they may have been previously known to secondary care mental health services and may no longer reach their criteria or may not be willing to engage. Much of the support to primary care staff is achieved through a combination of consultation, liaison and advice, mental health assessment and review, case formulation and risk assessment.
The service consists of 3 multidisciplinary teams across3 geographically aligned neighbourhoods in Camden (NW3, West and South). Each of these neighbourhoods is aligned to specific GP Practices. Each practitioner holds a small caseload whilst patients are receiving interventions from within the service. This is to maintain capacity of the service to respond quickly to referrals.
It is a fast paced and changing environment. CIFT is currently engaged in an ambitious program of community mental health transformation to address historic inequalities and improve outcomes in community mental health. The ambition is to expand and transform in partnership with Primary Care Networks, the Voluntary and Community Sector, local authorities, physical health providers, service users, families, carers and communities, making services more accessible, flexible, and proactive. This new model is a key deliverable in the NHS Long Term Plan, with ringfenced new investment. New roles are currently being developed and resources allocated. The new model will involve the re-organisation of the existing Primary Care Mental Health Service into 2 Core Teams (South and NW3/West localities).
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE APPLICANTS TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE SERVICE BEFORE SUBMITTING THEIR APPLICATION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES WHO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION IN SOCIAL WORK, MENTAL HEALTH NURSING, OR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE DEMONSTRABLE EXPERIENCE OF WORKING IN MENTAL HEALTH SETTINGS. THE ROLE MAY PARTICULARLY SUIT THOSE APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY WORKED IN MENTAL HEALTH LIASION, CRISIS TEAMS OR ASSESSMENT TEAMS.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly have a look at the attached job description and person specification for the detailed job description.
Person Specification Education & Qualifications Essential
- Professional Qualification (RMN, OT, SW) with current professional registration with relevant body.
- Evidence of mental health training
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development
Experience & Skills Essential
- Experience of working within a community setting relating to mental health
- Experience of inter - agency working
- Assessment and care planning skills
- Caseload management skills
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Networking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer skills
- Experience of working with drug and alcohol services
- Experience of supervising staff / junior personnel
- Experience of leadership of project or working groups / policy implementation
- Experience of working in primary care
- Research skills
- Ability to develop and deliver a service which promotes choice, involves patients and their relatives, friends and carers in all discussions regarding needs and care provided
- Ability to work effectively under own initiative
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.