Opportunities for inpatient consultant psychiatrists - full-time and part-time posts available - permanent or fixed-term
We are looking for consultant psychiatrists to join our inpatient service at Park House, North Manchester General Hospital. Park House provides inpatient care to Manchester residents with on-site PICU, inpatient rehab, assessment ward and later life beds co-located with general adult beds.
1x Female Wards
1x Male wards
We have opportunities on the general adult wards and can tailor working arrangements for suitable candidates including opportunities for part-time or full-time work, a mix of inpatient work and other work and permanent or fixed term contracts.
Park House provides placements for a range of medical trainees at all levels from FY1 to specialty registrar, so inpatient consultants are well supported clinically. Park House provides teaching to medical students from Manchester Medical School. Research opportunities are available.
Main duties of the job
- Diagnose and formulate management plans in complex presentations.
- Provide management in treatment resistant presentations
- Leading prescribing decisions and planning treatment
- Assessment and management of risk including suicide risk, risks to health and safety and risk of harm to others.
- Preparation of Mental Health Review Tribunal and Managers' Hearings reports and attendance at subsequent hearings.
- Work in a collaborative way with multidisciplinary teams including external partners.
- To work in partnership with psychiatrists from partner providers such as Forensic and Rehabilitation Psychiatrists.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
As we look forward to further service developments in 2021, we invite interested and suitably qualified doctors to contact us for a discussion of your needs and interests and how these can fit with what the trust is looking for.
The post holder will have a role in service development to improve the delivery of appropriate services for general adult psychiatry patients in Manchester.
The post holder will be expected to actively engage in the audit process to assess and improve on the clinical service provided. Collection and evaluation of health outcome measures will be an integral part of the service.
The Trust will support consultants who wish to engage in research activity through its active Research and Innovation Directorate.
The post holder will attend relevant management meetings in relation to the inpatient service.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBChB, MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- Included on Specialist Register of GMC, or within 6 months of this
- Registration as Approved Clinician or eligibility to become one
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- On the Specialist Register for General Adult Psychiatry
- Experience in CRHT/HTT
Training and Experience Essential
- Successful completion of higher specialist training in psychiatry or equivalent or within 6 months of completion
- Current and relevant knowledge of the principles of General Psychiatry
- Participation in CPD.
- Clinical Experience in a setting working in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic setting
- Experience in management roles
- Must be in 'Good Standing' for CPD
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.