We are looking to recruit a Senior Clinical Psychologist to join the Older People's Community Mental Health Team (OPCMHT) based in Northampton, which is part of Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NHFT). This service offers psychological assessment, formulation and intervention for people over the age of 65 years with dementia, as well as those experiencing distress from emotional disorders or psychosis.
The 4 OPCMHTs in the county work alongside the 4 co-located Memory Assessment Services (MAS), each of which has a full-time Assistant Psychologist running extended cognitive assessments and a comprehensive group programme. The 2 in-patient units are based in Kettering and Northampton, each with 2 wards for Older People and their own in-patient psychologist.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work within an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team to:
- Offer assessment, formulation and intervention for a wide range of presentations using both individual and group approaches
- Offer systemic intervention alongside the Family Therapist
- Support the development of the Structured Clinical Management (SCM) pathway for older people living with personality disorder
- Offer Case Formulation and training sessions for staff teams to extend psychological ways of working
- Offer enhanced neuropsychological assessment for more complex presentations
- Jointly supervise the Assistant Psychologists in the OPCMHT & Memory Assessment Service
- Offer supervision to the local Memory Support Hub run in conjunction with third sector organisations
- Collaborate in using outcome information to inform and develop good practice
- Support the service user and carer reference forum and audit projects to collect data that can inform Trust management, commissioners, users and other relevant stakeholders of the needs of this population
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
In addition to the benefits offered under the NHS terms and conditions of service, this post additionally attracts an incentive of £5000 pro rata for the successful applicant/s paid over the first 18 months of employment. Please note incentive payments are not applicable to existing NHFT substantive staff. Terms and conditions apply. In addition, a relocation package is available up to £8,000, if the successful postholder relocates to Northamptonshire and meets other eligibility criteria. This is subject to approval
Job description Job responsibilities
Joining this service can offer:
- Preceptorship programme for newly qualified staff wishing to progress to a Senior role
- Supervision from a Principal Clinical Neuropsychologist as well as Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Support to develop skills in supervision and teaching through joint supervision and lecturing for Clinical Psychology Trainees at both the University of Leicester and University of Oxford
- Opportunities for training in therapeutic models used within the service
- Opportunities for innovative joint work with 3rd sector organisations
- Links and participation in the BPS Faculty of Psychology for Older People (FPOP)
- The opportunity to work within a well integrated Psychology Service that meets monthly for CPD, case audits and organisational support
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral Qualification in Clinical Psychology & Eligible for HCPC registration or similar psychological therapy/psychology training qualification
- Post qualification training in a specific, relevant therapeutic approach.
- Post qualification training in supervising others
- Demonstrates interest/enthusiasm for working with older people
- Interest in working with teams and organisations
- Experience working within older people's services
- Experience of neuropsychological assessment
- Experience of work with service users with complex emotional needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.