We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated substantive Specialty Doctor to work with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust with the Assessment & Treatment Service in Hastings & Rother, East Sussex. The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
Main duties of the job
The role of the post holder will be expected to see new assessments, providing detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments, to develop management plans and review these if the patient remains on the case load.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation University Trust provides Mental Health, Learning Disability and Substance Misuse Services across East & West Sussex and Brighton & Hove. The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to review patients already known to the ATS as required. The post holder will direct these patients treatment. The post holder will liaise with local primary care services and provide advice and guidance. They will provide supervision of junior medical staff and provide advice to other members of the team. They will provide senior clinical leadership to the ATS, with fellow doctors
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- 4 years at full-time postgraduate training or higher or equivalent experience with at least 2 years in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.