This is an exciting opportunity to join our therapy-focused and growing Eating Disorder Intensive Community Treatment Unit (EDICT). If you are enthusiastic, forward thinking, enjoy a clinical challenge and want to use all your OT skills then this is the post for you.
Main duties of the job
As the Senior Occupational Therapist in the team your role is to identify and provide therapeutic interventions and strategies that support change, motivate and enable a person to be functionally independent and to be empowered and in control of their own life.
As such the post holder will be leading on the day-to-day delivery of and working with patients accessing treatment at EDICT which operates a day service 9.30-4.30pm Monday to Friday, to support patients within the community. Interventions are currently provided in a hybrid manner and in collaboration with our sister team in the South.
The post holder will be supported by the Team Manager and Head Occupational Therapist and will work closely with community and in-patient Mental Health Services as well as a broad range of third sector agencies.
This post will offer varied Occupational Therapy as well as specific eating disorders training opportunities and we would very much support you to develop in the role.
There is considerable current focus on and investment in eating disorders services, as supported by the Mental Health Investment Standard, providing the team with an exciting opportunity to transform the eating disorders service and this is part of a national vision, with many initiatives and much support within the East of England region. The vision for the service is for the pathways to integrate across in-patients and community and for staff to work across them all. In addition, we are closely aligned with the Specialist Eating Disorder Unit (SEDU) beds within the Provider Collaborative in region.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- 2 years post registration experience working
- Understanding responsibilities under the Care programme Approach, Mental Capacity Act, Clinical Governance, Risk Assessment and Child Protection Legislation
- Ability to analyse and present complex information to professional colleagues
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Accredited fieldwork educator
- Member of BOAT
- Additional relevant qualifications and/or training
Work Experience Essential
- Proven experience of working in a health, social care or community setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven experience of working with people with mental health conditions and vulnerable service users
- Demonstrate an understanding of the recovery principles
- Experience of working with people with eating disorders
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations and services
- Expert knowledge of OT models of practice and specialist OT assessments and the evaluation of treatment interventions using outcomes frameworks
- The ability to devise comprehensive care plans that incorporate effective, individualised and evidence-based occupational therapy interventions
- Knowledge of eating disorders theory and practice
- Knowledge of risks that are particularly pertinent to eating disorders
- Driving licence and car for work purposes
- Genuine interest in working in the field of eating disorders
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.