Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health and community health services trust providing adult mental health services, older people's and young people's mental health services, substance misuse services, forensic services, learning disability services, and community health services.
Exciting opportunity to join community mental health pharmacy team to provide specialist clinical pharmacy service to service users in the community. To support the medicines-related care of patients, support the provision and development of medicines management services and to participate in training, education and research as required. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as within a larger team, and will be supported by the wider Trust pharmacy team. You will work 37.5 hours per week including participation in on-call, weekend, early, late and Bank Holiday rotas, as necessary.
You should have a Master's Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent, and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council. You should be able to demonstrate evidence of postgraduate training and continuing professional development in clinical pharmacy practice.
Main duties of the job
To provide specialist clinical pharmacy in a specific area of clinical and/or operational practice, to support the medicines-related care of patients, support the provision and development of medicines management services and to participate in training, education and research as required.
- To actively contribute to, and participate in, the provision and development of pharmaceutical services within the Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, as part of the Trust's pharmacy team- To participate as an active member of clinical teams & units, and support the safe and effective use of medicines- To contribute to the organisation and management of the clinical pharmacy service to clinical teams &units- To provide clinical pharmacy advice on the management of patients with mental illness in order to maximise benefit and minimise risk in relation to medicines- To support and participate in clinical audit
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Job description Job responsibilities
Full details of main duties and responsibilities are provided within the attached Job Description and Specification.
For an informal discussion about the post contact Fatimat (Tolu) Aigbekaen Senior Clinical Pharmacist on 07909691981.
Person Specification Education & Qualification Essential
- Masters Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent acceptable for registration by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Current and continued registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a practicing member
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in relevant area of pharmacy practice, or equivalent experience of at least two years post registration. Willing to work towards a postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in psychiatric pharmacy practice
- Certificate in Management studies or equivalent experience
- Relevant post-registration clinical pharmacy experience including Mental Health involvement
- Experience of working as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of clinical audit
- Experience of managing staff
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Confident and assertive when dealing with other professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills including effective written and verbal communication skills
- Evience of Continuing Professional Development
- Proficient IT skills, e.g. ability to use Microsoft Office applications, internet etc.
- Broad technical, clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge relating to the promotion of high quality, effective and cost efficient use of medicines
- Tutoring and training skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.