We are looking for a Senior Mental Health Practitioner for the East Devon Older Adults Team in East Devon with bases in Honiton and Exmouth. You will play an essential role in the home assessment and treatment of our clients with complex mental health needs.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata (Band 6) - Fixed term. This post is to cover Secondment and Maternity and you will be required to work from both bases for the duration of this post.
You will be passionate about making a difference to people’s lives. You will be responsible for managing and directing the care of some of the most vulnerable people we are responsible for, many of whom will have complex and ongoing needs. You will use your skills and experience to deliver person centred care, which inspires hope & recovery. You will have direct experience of working with older adults in a community mental health setting for this role.
You will be able to demonstrate specific examples of how your involvement has improved patient care & experience, and how you have influenced teams to deliver high-quality care. Personally, you will be a clear and confident communicator, capable of interacting and working effectively with people who use our services, their families & carers, staff and stakeholders from all backgrounds.
You will play a key role in a multidisciplinary team, working with multiple agencies on a daily basis. You will be confident working without supervision, with the knowledge to devise individual recovery plans for the people you see. We will help the right person progress within this role, and we will provide a range of training opportunities that can help you develop the skills you need to thrive in this role. To discuss this opportunity further please call Hazel Harris (Community Team Manager) on 07802 728412
Your base will be in East Devon, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.