Band 5 – Mental Health Practitioner
Are you a Mental Health Nurse (RMN)/Occupational Therapist or Social Worker looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you're in luck.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has an opportunity to join our Home Crisis Treatment team in Lichfield St Michaels Court. We are an award-winning team and when you come to work with us, we will help you reach your full potential. Not only that, we will actively seek opportunities to share the great things you are doing, with others locally, regionally, and nationally.
As an experienced Mental Health Nurse from the NHS or private sector, you'll join a team that works in close partnership with Staffordshire Police and Mental Health Services, and you’ll join a Trust that puts people at the heart of what we do.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.What you will get:
- An annual salary of up to £31,534 (37.5 hours per week) depending on experience
- 35 - 41 days annual leave – including bank holidays(depending on length of service)
- Ongoing career development and training
- NHS Pension Scheme – one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes in the UK
- Wellbeing support, such as access to the MPFT Staff Psychology Service, and additional wellbeing days, along with activities throughout the year
- Annual recognition event recognising our employees who live and breathe our values
- Flexible working opportunities
- Considerate relocation package available
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, a cycle to work scheme, an annual leave purchase scheme, and much more!Things that you will have:
What you will be doing:
- A relevant nursing qualification and registration – RMN/OT/Social Worker
- Patient-facing experience within the past 3 years
- Strong team-working skills
- A high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach
- A positive attitude and be naturally caring and compassionate
- A commitment to high-quality care and values and evidence-based practice
- Excellent teamwork skills, and professionalism
- Working in an identified adult community mental health pathway, with the flexibility of working across pathways, dependent on skill and service need.
- Delivering high-quality clinical service to service users and their families.
- Managing a complex caseload and being responsible for clinical and caseload supervision of other team members where identified.
- Operating as a care coordinator for a defined caseload of service users
- Delivering therapeutic interventions, following an agreed care plan, to an identified group of people experiencing mental health-related difficulties.
You will be jointly responsible for the delivery of a high standard of agreed nursing care, forming part of a coordinated plan of home treatment to service users predominantly in their own homes.
You will be required to support the delivery of community based assessments, and will be expected not only to collaborate with other health, social care and voluntary organisations to ensure high quality care but to ensure that wherever possible the needs and wishes of the service user’s family or carer are included too.
For continuation of service delivery across South Staffordshire there is an expectation that, although predominantly based in the Lichfield CRHT team you may be asked to support the team in the Stafford CRHT team if deemed necessary. Please note this position will be 12.5 hour shifts over the week, no night shifts will be required.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.