We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and dedicated SLT to join our team in Scotland. This is a part time role (16 hours per week) and we are offering a £4000 relocation bonus. Main duties of the job
The team support individuals with a learning disability and/or autistic people across Dundee, Dunblane and Lockerbie. This post would be appropriate for someone who is looking for fair balance of clinical and professional responsibilities with the opportunity to grow their own leadership skills as you would be directly managing and supporting two full time SLTs. About us
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesHighly Specialist / Lead Speech and Language Therapist (Scotland)We are offering a £4000 relocation package or welcome bonus for this post!Hours:
16 hours per week Contract:
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced and dedicated SLT
to join our team in Scotland. The team support individuals with a learning disability and/or autistic people across Dundee, Dunblane and Lockerbie. This post would be appropriate for someone who is looking for fair balance of clinical and professional responsibilities with the opportunity to grow their own leadership skills as you would be directly managing and supporting two full time SLTs who work across the following locations:
- Cygnet Wallace Hospital Dundee
- Ellen Mhor Dundee
- Thistle Care Home - Dundee
- Lindsay House - Dundee
- Ranaich House - Dunblane
- Trinity House Lockerbie
As a Highly Specialist or Lead Speech and Language Therapist (Scotland), you will have a unique opportunity to lead on the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will oversee the safe and effective delivery of functional communication systems to ensure optimal independence is obtained and hold a caseload in the field of eating, drinking, feeding and/or swallowing needs. You will train others through a range of approaches, promote good practice and provide clinical supervision to two full time SLT working within across the service. We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
In return we offer:
- Strong clinical and professional skills
- Working experience in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Qualification in Dysphagia management essential
- Experience of providing clinical supervision.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
- An immediate peer network of over 50 SLTs nationwide.
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists.
- CPD and Developmental opportunities.
- Meal provision on duty.
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre.
- Relocation package (up to £4000pa)
Full induction training is given and you will receive clinical supervision through a member of the Speech and language Therapy team.
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced PVG check. To apply, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.