- Are you an enthusiastic newly qualified Occupational Therapist (OT) or an experienced Band 5 looking for a new opportunity?
- Are you looking to develop your skills, working in a range of clinical and educational settings?
- Do you have a passion for supporting children and young people with a wide range of clinical needs?
If you answered yes, we have the perfect role for you!
Children & Young People's Therapies at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) is in the exciting position of being able to offer Band 5 progressive posts. We are looking to recruit to enthusiastic and highly motivated Band 5 OTs, who wish to extend their skills/experiences, with a view to moving to a Band 6 post on completion of Band 5 competencies. Posts will be based at our main sites: Hertford, Stevenage, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead and Watford. This post attracts a 'Golden Hello' payment of £2000 (pro rata if applicable): 50% after 6 months (upon completion of successful probationary period) and a further 50% after 12 months in post. The Golden Hello is not applicable to internal candidates.
HCT provides integrated Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Physiotherapy Services for families across the county. Our service provides opportunities for collaborative working, joint training and shared learning amongst each profession. We are jointly commissioned by health and education allowing us to provide a seamless pathway of care for CYP 0-18 years.
Interview expected on 4th JulyMain duties of the job
Children's Occupational Therapy is based on a 3 Tier model of service delivery, with provision at Universal, Targeted and Specialist tiers. As a Band 5 OT you will be expected to hold an integrated caseload, providing a service which meets both the health and social care Occupational Therapy needs of CYP, and providing interventions in a variety of settings, e.g. home, clinics, mainstream schools, special schools and pre-school settings.
You will be supported by the wider team to develop your skills and competencies in a managed way. We have an excellent reputation for the support we provide to new graduates/staff/returners. We offer:
- An initial induction period
- Opportunities to observe and shadow other members of your team
- Regular clinical supervision and contact with your manager
- Access to a range of learning opportunities e.g. masterclasses
- Internal and external CPD opportunities
- A well-established appraisal system
- Opportunities to work alongside other therapists/assistants to deliver evidence based episodes of care
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
Here is what one of our OTs has told us about coming to work for CYP Therapies: Starting as a Band 5 after 20 years away from Occupational Therapy felt very daunting but I have been made to feel extremely welcome by all the team, who have fully supported me in my return to practice. During my induction period I was offered multiple shadowing opportunities and the team have been really helpful in answering questions and allowing me time to develop my knowledge and skills in a new area. I have valued the regular supervision/line management on offer but know that any further support I require is always there. I would highly recommend coming to work for Hertfordshire Community Trust to feel valued, supported and given opportunities to reach your potential.
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowYou've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description attached, which details the responsibilities within this post. Also attached is the Person Specification.
Successful candidates will need to be enthusiastic and motivated. Good communication, clinical reasoning and organisational skills are essential. You must be a team player but be able to work autonomously and have the ability to champion the needs of your patients.
If you have any questions at all about the posts, please do contact us - we are only too happy to help.
Applicants wanting to work full time or part time will be considered. A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010). In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,034 and a maximum payment of £1,791 per annum (pro rata where applicable and dependent on base location)
We look forward to receiving your application!
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all its staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of current legislation at DOH and CCG level
- Knowledge and application of Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Registered with HCPC
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of research methodologies and audit cycles
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of NICE/NSF's and application to Occupational Therapy
- Ability to maintain CPD through research, audit and training
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy process
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Information Technology experience
- You must hold a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.