Community Mental Health Nurse (North Warks & Rugby) - Band 5
We are a multidisciplinary team based at Avenue House in Nuneaton and The Railings in Rugby. We cover the whole of North Warwickshire and Rugby for any patient with a cluster between 11 and 17 (psychosis). The team consists of Managers, two lead practitioners, AMHP's, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Support Workers, Psychologists, CBT Therapist, Self-Directed Support (SDS) officers, and Psychiatrists. This is a varied team and no day is the same. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FOR FULL DETAILS Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The Main Roles:
To hold a case load
To work within a MDT setting
To attend meetings
To work within our s74 agreement
To work within the recovery model
To monitor mental health and dispense medication if needed
About us What you will receive:
- Whether you're a newly qualified member of staff or if you're new to this team, you will be provided with a 4 weeks induction and orientation to the locality IPU's and the 11-17 teams.
- Multi-disciplinary Team induction.
- Opportunities and course to progress your CPD
- Shadowing time with all disciplines and all grades of staff.
- Opportunity to attend Outpatient Clinics.
- Regular 1.1 mentoring
- You will engage in a regular clinical/managerial supervision and annual appraisal.
- We will proactively nurture your talent and invest time to support your career development.
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to apply for NHS car lease scheme.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate and have experience in working within mental health settings. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential and the ability to work alone and as part of a wider team. Successful candidates would need to demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to high standards of patient care and exhibit behaviours that reflect Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust vision and values.
A full UK driving license and access to your own transport is essential in this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification ie. RMN, DipCOT
- Current unrestricted registration with HCPC/NMC
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in a Community Mental health care setting
- Experience of undertaking formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Experience of staff supervision
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.