An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Luton Psychiatric Liaison Service at Luton & Dunstable University hospital provided by East London Foundation Trust (ELFT).
The department of Liaison Psychiatry is looking to recruit band 6 1WTE Psychiatric Liaison Practitioner to join Acute Liaison Psychiatry Service. This can be a nurse or social worker.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work in partnership with the Operational Manager, nurse colleagues, consultant psychiatrists and medical colleagues to provide high quality clinical assessment and mental health care to the patient at Luton & Dunstable General hospital. The post holder will work at part of the MDT reporting to the Operations Manager. As a practitioner you will participate in service development and maintaining standards of mental health service provision to Luton & Dunstable University hospital. Various shift patterns available including long days. You will be expected to do ALL shifts.
Are you ambitious and motivated to learn new skill? Spearhead your career? Training and mentoring available.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Denesha Tracey
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01582 497473
ELFT is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees, job applicants and service users. We are committed to ensuring that no one will be discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, creed, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or marital status. The Trust commits itself to promote equal opportunities and value diversity and will keep under review its policies, procedures and practices to ensure that all employees, users and providers of its services are treated according to their needs.
For management posts, to ensure that within their service area fair employment practice and equality of opportunity are delivered.
Job description Job responsibilities Be responsible for the full mental health assessment of care needs of patients presenting with a wide variety of clinical conditions within the Emergency Department and the acute hospital. Following this, the post-holder will be responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision, unless otherwise indicated. Have freedom to act, particularly, but not exclusively, around discharge and follow-up in line with the PLS key performance indicators on discharge. In doing so, they will at all times, work closely with members of the PLS team and organisations and teams as appropriate to the needs of the patient and within the set timeframes. On a secondary basis, provide a comprehensive consultation-liaison service to the other medical teams and individual clinicians, particularly assisting them develop plans of care and make complex decisions in cases where patients over the age of 16 years are exhibiting complex psychosocial needs and/or challenging behaviours. Take an active role in contributing to meeting the PLS key performance indicators as specified in the service specification. Be required to teach other nursing and non-nursing staff, both in formal and informal settings including pre-registration students
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse
- oCurrent professional registration
- oENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of continual professional development
- oRecognized post graduate qualifications in specialist area of adult or older adult mental health
- oSubstantial post qualification experience in the field of adult and/or older adult
- oPrevious experience at working at senior level
- oPrevious experience at working autonomously
- oExperience of working in a multidisciplinary mental health team
- oExperience of working in a multi-cultural environment and of ensuring that nursing practice is culturally sensitive
- oExtensive and demonstrable experience of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programs of care, particularly in an acute care or older adult community setting
- oEssential and demonstrable experience of writing concise and clear clinical reports
- oExperience of teaching and assessing in specialist mental health adult and/or older adult settings
- oExperience of developing or contributing to the development of new services preferably in mental health
- oDemonstrate an understanding of research and audit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.