We are excited to be able to offer and welcome applications for Specialist Occupational Therapists to join our Therapies Portfolio which include a range of specialist rehabilitation services based at the Haywood Hospital & community.
We provide specialist multidisciplinary services to patients following acute injury & illness, trauma, acquired neurological and / or accidental injury or illness to maximise function, prevent deterioration and ensure safe discharge into the community and ongoing support.
All post holders will have the opportunity to discuss working within the Therapies portfolio which include the following areas; encompassing both hospital and community based services to provide both effective and efficient rehabilitation services. The services include:
- D2A (hospital & community)
- Stroke rehabilitation – bed based
- Integrated Stroke Community service
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Other rehabilitations services within Haywood Therapies portfolio
We are also introducing an exciting new band 6 OT role to support development of a Dementia Centre of Excellence within our D2A community service.
In joining our team you will be influential in supporting both bed based and community rehabilitation with a strong focus on maximising function, prevention of deconditioning, education and prevention and lifestyle advice. We have the option to discuss static or rotational posts, flexible working and development posts within service requirements.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Occupational Therapists with:
- Keen interest & / or experience of working in specialist rehabilitation services
- Sound clinical skills in the assessment and management of patients in the acute, rehab and / or community environment
- A strong commitment to developing self and others through training, supervision and mentoring
- A strong commitment to working in and supporting a team
- UK driving licence and ability to travel between services as required
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and well experienced clinical team who are passionate about rehabilitation
- Development of your clinical skills through supervision, training and networking opportunities across the Trust / rehabilitation services including voluntary and statutory agencies
- Development of your leadership skills through training, service development projects and people management
- Clear working structure through regular supervision and appraisal with In-service training and peer supervision an essential component for continued professional development
- A strong rehabilitation research culture within the Trust
Do you have a true passion for delivering positive outcomes in the field of specialist rehabilitation? If you would like to work alongside a dynamic multi-disciplinary team we would love to hear from you. If you would like any further general information regarding the role please contact:
Margurite O’Mara – Specialised Services Lead - Margurite.O’Mara@mpft.nhs.uk
David Coxon – Rehab Medicine - OT Clinical Lead – David.Coxon@mpft.nhs.uk
Kirstie Burndred – Integrated Community Stroke Team Lead –Kirstie.Burndred@mpft.nhs.uk
Laura Baggaley – Stroke Rehabilitation Unit - OT Clinical Lead –Laura.Baggaley@mpft.nhs.uk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.