Consultant Medical Psychotherapist - SWLSTG Wandsworth Complex Needs Service, a Specialist Personality Disorder service and Psychotherapy Training Centre 10 PAs / 40 hours per week, permanent post (will also consider part time applications and job share opportunities) Relocation package available.
Are you ready to join our dynamic integrated personality disorders intensive treatment service which also acts as a Psychotherapy training resource? Our Trustwide community services are undergoing an exciting and innovative transformation which includes a strengthening of our clinical pathways for patients with personality disorders and a newly appointed Trustwide Clinical lead for Personality disorders. We are looking for consultants with the interest and skills in providing strong medical leadership to take our services forward.
Main duties of the job
This is a full time,10 PA substantive post, in an integrated personality disorders intensive treatment service.
The Wandsworth Complex Needs Service provides care for patients with severe personality disorders who live in Wandsworth. The team works alongside three Wandsworth CMHTs, and the borough also benefits from a Consultant led Wandsworth Single Point of Access Team, a Crisis and Home Treatment Team and an Early Intervention in Psychosis Team.
The WCNS team is built upon a multi-disciplinary approach bringing together the wisdom and skills of the various disciplines. Individual responsibility is encouraged with a strong emphasis on a team-oriented environment, contributing to the overall success of the service.
The consultant provides senior supervision to the team on the delivery of MBT, takes a lead role in the assessment of patients for MBT and psychotherapy and is responsible for ensuring that the team is trained in MBT, where appropriate, and specifically for the training of medical trainees. Closing Date:
Midnight (23:59) Sunday 26th June 2022 Shortlisting:
Monday 27th June 2022
Assessment Centre: Monday 4thJuly 2022 (via MS Teams)
AAC / Interview date: Tuesday 5thJuly 2022 (via MS Teams) Job Ref:
About us Benefits
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will also support the delivery of mandatory psychotherapy training for psychiatric trainees at South West London and St Georges Trust, both at core and specialist levels. Overall responsibility for this lies with the Director of Medical Education, through the Psychotherapy Tutors and Psychotherapy Training Programme Director. Delivery is shared with the Consultant Psychotherapists in the other boroughs.
The team is led clinically by the Consultant Medical Psychotherapist working in close partnership with the other senior clinicians on clinical service delivery. The clinical lead works together with the Consultant Clinical Psychologist or Psychotherapist and with the Team Manager on service management, clinical supervision and service delivery.
COVID-19 has brought with it many challenges, but it has also shown us other ways of effective working that look set to be adopted moving forward. This includes agile working and the smart use of technology for both appointments with service users and staying connected to colleagues. Talk to us about how that could make a difference in your life.
We are a dynamic, financially stable mental health trust which has consistently been rated good by the CQC. Were small enough to be a friendly Trust, but big enough to have internationally-recognised, innovative and ground-breaking services. We have an integrated academic programme, an established quality improvement programme, and good links with our local universities. Were widely known for the quality of our training, for treating everyone as individuals, and for supporting consultants to develop external roles and special interests. Were in a beautiful, leafy part of one of the worlds greatest capital cities and are currently spending over £150 million rebuilding our main hospitals its an exciting time to join!
If you are a dynamic Consultant Medical Psychotherapist, fully registered with the GMC as well as holding S12 approval under the Mental Health Act, with a keen interest in developing and expanding the service, we would very much like to hear from you.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Primary Medical degree.
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register (Psychotherapy) or eligible for such inclusion or Specialist Registrars within three months of completing their CCT
- Section 12 (2) approval of the Mental Health Act or eligible and willing to apply for such approval once in post
- Qualification in supervising intensive individual analytic psychotherapy
- Additional BPS or UKCP accreditation
- MBT practitioner accreditation
- MBT supervisor accreditation
Knowledge and Critical Expertise in Specialty Essential
- Completed minimum of three years full time training in approved higher psychiatric training scheme.
- A detailed knowledge of main psychotherapies indicated for PD as well as the relevant psychopharmacological interventions
- Expert knowledge and experience of psychotherapy
- Knowledge and experience of the CPA process, risk assessment and risk management
- Experience of supervising and treating patients in intensive psychotherapy
- Experience of Supervision of Higher Trainees psychotherapy cases
Ability to enhance specialty of mental health care provided via Management and Audit Essential
- Commitment to developing practice through clinical audit
- Experience of service planning and development
Research and Publications Essential
- Evidence of participation in research.
- Experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.