For the right candidates we have several exciting opportunities to join TALKWORKS: Talking Health, a multiple award winning IAPT Long Term Conditions specialism team, as a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK’s most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to helping those with mental health difficulties and long term physical health conditions enjoy a better future?
- Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day?
Our mandate as a team is to treat the unmet mental health need of patients with co-morbid long term physical health conditions, with a view to increasing their emotional wellbeing and reducing physical health care utilisation.
We pride ourselves in our ongoing work of integrated and efficient care pathways between mental and physical health disciplines, with a view to provide holistic, idiosyncratic and excellent care to the population of Devon, who we serve.
This is a specialist role, with a chance to develop and expand on traditional IAPT duties. We welcome candidates who would relish the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and understanding in support of patients with this co/multi-morbid presentation.
In return you will be routinely offered one-to-one clinical supervision, with access to monthly peer supervision and group supervision supported by a Clinical Psychologist.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start. £40,057 - £45,839 per annum pro rata (Band 7). About you
You will be enthusiastic in your delivery of CBT, and comfortable formulating transdiagnostically with patients who have co-morbid mental and physical health presentations. You will be able to deliver protocol driven interventions, but importantly, also be able to draw on all aspects of both generic and CBT-specific metacompetencies as per Roth and Pilling CBT competency framework.
You will also be someone who would enjoy serving in an ambassadorial function, keen to network with other services promote what we do both formally and informally, with a view to future development of integrated care pathways. There will be an expectation to work closely with physical health colleagues if patient care would benefit from this joint working. This can include GPs, specialist nurses, audiologists, dieticians, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and consultants in all health related disciplines. The location
You will be posted in a team which covers the Torbay, South and West Devon area with bases available in Torbay, Newton Abbott and Tavistock, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions. About us
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
We are a supportive and enthusiastic team who will welcome you as key team member. We are genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
As an inclusive NHS trust we encourage diversity in our workforce and would welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive. Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training - including opportunities to work in different services to build your experience and skills
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat. Great place to work. Great place to live.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.