Thank you for helping me grow - I wouldn't be the psychologist I am today...
[BCHFT} takes multi-disciplinary working to a whole new level - psychology is so valued by all of the professionals here
It is clear that a lot of work has taken place to increase the profile of psychology across the organisation, and enable other professionals to understand the way in which thinking psychologically could support and enhance the organisation.
From the quotes from previous staff above, all of whom have gone on to secure significant promotions and career development, it is clear that BCHFT Psychology is known for its commitment to helping its psychologists be the best they can be.
Main duties of the job
Hallam Street Hospital - 1.8 WTE
Penn - 1.0 WTE
Dorothy Pattison Hospital - 1.2 WTE
Bushey Fields Hospital - 0.6 WTE
These post holders will join an urgent care subspecialty of 10 substantive clinical, counselling, forensic and assistant psychologists who span our 4 CRHT services, 4 MHLS teams and 5 inpatient settings (including PICU). Our advertised posts are all within open inpatient units with both mixed sex (HSH) or single sex (Penn, DPH) wards.
BCHFT is a relatively new organisation, having formed in April 2020 from two legacy Trusts (BCPFT and DWMHT) and is therefore undergoing a period of expansion and harmonisation which brings with it new opportunities for creativity and growth. Our Mental Health Division is a collection of varied services including planned care, urgent care, IAPT, perinatal services, Physical Health Psychology and Early Intervention. In total BCHFT employs around 330 psychological practitioners (spanning the 12 categories described by the Psychological Professions Network (PPN)).
In September 2021 we welcomed a Director of Therapies to a Board level appointment within the organisation for the first time and this offers a unique opportunity to further enhance and embed the scope of the psychological professions within the organisation.
Job description Job responsibilities
For more information about these posts please contact the individuals shown below.
If you are a newly qualified psychologist (or about to qualify) and you have some previous experience of inpatient or crisis work then we would welcome your application.
If you would like to hear more about the experience of working in BCHFT then please click on the YouTube link in our promotional video (see attached poster). Happy watching!
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS
- HCPC registration as An Applied Psychologist with Chartered Status
- Teaching, training, consultancy and clinical supervision and field supervisor for doctoral theses
- Experience of Quality and service improvement and evaluation.
- Experience of conducting Research and/or audit
- Experience of working in multi disciplinary teams
- Experience of working with risk
- Experience of joint working with statutory, voluntary and private sector agencies
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Experience of working within a recovery framework
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.