An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as a Consultant Psychiatrist, working within the Mental Health Liaison and Urgent Care Pathway based in East Sussex. The post will be based at the St Anne's Centre, Conquest Hospital, Hastings.
This opportunity is available due to new funding. The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
We are looking for a Consultant who has a strong interest in both the provision of acute medicine and liaison psychiatry to strengthen the leadership, and support the innovative practice going forward.
Dual training would be desirable but not essential. We aspire to further quality improve, and increase in our skill mix within our liaison service working into our acute hospital and urgent care pathway.
Main duties of the job
The Consultant will provide quality mental health care and treatment for patients with severe and enduring mental illness. It is expected that the post holder will embrace New Ways of Working in their clinical practice.
You will be based in a friendly team environment and will be expected to manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff. This may include assessing competences under the Modernising Medical Careers framework.
You will work with a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team to provide outstanding care. In addition to this you will also be expected to participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
In addition to all of the above this post attracts a£5000 Golden Hello
Payment and the opportunity to claimup to £8000 in relocation expenses!
This goes alongside consultant study-leave allowances, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking facilities, a dedicated office space and dedicated admin support.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides Mental Health, Learning Disability and Substance Misuse Services across East & West Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description for the main duties and responsibilities.
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discussdifferent working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Eligability Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.