Band 5 / 6 Occupational Therapist Please note - this vacancy could be based at Taunton, Yeovil OR Wells depending onpost location and service need. Secondment / FTC considered also!
We are looking for dynamic and inspiring Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist and other AHP's to join the Discharge to Assess (D2A) service part of the wider Intermediate Care service for Somerset. You will gain an in depth understanding of community working and supporting people within their own homes.
Successful candidates will be directly supported by band 6 Occupational Therapists and band 7 advanced practitioner/clinical specialists within the team.
Intermediate care services in Somerset have been up and running for one year now and have been hugely successful - hailed as one of the best in the UK by Professor John Bolton, and shaping policy at a national level. A recent report by ADASS and Impower - 'The Age of Intermediate Care' - featured Somerset as a case study, praising our 'high performing system'. In Intermediate Care we are committed to investing in people; forging new partnerships between health, social care, the care agency sector and voluntary services. In Somerset we have proven that when we work together, we can achieve truly great things for people.
Due to our positive outcomes and progress we have secured further investment to continue to expand and grow our service and we have a number of new posts available
Main duties of the job
You will be expected to carry out specific therapy assessments which will include goal setting and treatment planning, assessing risk, promoting and enabling independent functioning. You will be committed to a person-centered approach to your work, have an ability to prioritise and work flexibly. Working alongside our provider teams and rehabilitation practitioners. Who are you?
- Are you a fully qualified Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist or other AHP with an active HCPC registration?
- Do you have a desire to enhance your post-graduate training and experience?
- Do you want to get involved in a pioneering service that welcomes development initiatives and integration projects?
- Keen to take an active role in developing and nurturing others, both personally and professionally?
- Hoping to support the leadership of an engaged, friendly and supportive team?
- Do you want to relocate to the countryside? We have a relocation policy (T&Cc apply
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description for further information about the role and the personal requirements and specification.
Person Specification Knowledge and experience Essential
- HCPC registered as Occupational Therapist
- Extensive experience in community and or acute OT
- Experience of working with frail and elderly population and providing rehabilitation
- Supervision and appraisal experience
- Evidence of advanced clinical reasoning
- Service development experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.