Salus ward is a newly developed 16 bedded mixed gender acute mental health ward for working age adults. It has been carefully designed to maximise the use of the space and light to create an open, safe and welcoming environment. Salus Ward will join Haytor Ward as co-located within the South Devon and Torbay Mental Health Centre within the Torbay General Hospital site. This mental health centre incorporates the older adult inpatient ward, outpatient services and Home Treatment Team base.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
Torbay is one of the five sites in the Open Dialogue trial (ODDESSI - Open Dialogue: Development and Evaluation of a Social Network Intervention for Severe Mental Illness). If you are looking to relocate to the fabulous county of Devon we have a relocation package that may be suitable for you.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata (Band 6)
We are looking for an experienced nurse to help support and develop Salus ward with the new team.
The role will support the ward manager with the managerial and clinical aspects of care while advocating for our patients and their families. Applications will be reviewed and interviews offered prior to the extended closing date; therefore this post may close earlier if suitable applicants are found. Please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Your base will be the Salus Ward in Torbay Hospital, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive. If you are looking to relocate to the fabulous county of Devon we have a relocation package that may be suitable for you.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.