At Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, we believe technology holds the key to delivering outstanding healthcare right across our services and taking care of it, now and in the future. We have a five-year plan that will see us investing heavily in our Technology and building an Azure cloud hosted Data Platform a great opportunity for the successful applicant to learn new skills or enhance on existing skillsexperience working within an Azure cloud data environment. This investment will boost the departments capabilities to increase our delivery and responsiveness right across our services and develop highly skilled technical and data experts. We are now looking for a candidate with relevant experienceknowledge of data driven process and technologies to join us on this journey.Main duties of the job
You'll be tasked with the supporting data driven processes within our data warehouse, including complicated derivations and value-adding processes that will test and build your skills, the design, development, testing and maintenance of complex transformations, and ETL load processes using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS Packages) and SQL statements to flow data into the Data Warehouse against best practices in line with the teams development principles. Working with senior technical analysts to timely and effectively debug system faults, solving technical problems and restoring services. To work with end users of the data warehouse to identify their requirements and translate into formal, technical specifications. Provide clear and concise documentation. Be aware of changes to relevant NHS standards, guides and specifications and suggest changes to maintain compliance. To work comfortably within the team, share knowledge and learn. Be driven to continually learn and improve professional technical skills and specialist knowledge.About us
DIT at LTHT is a highly motivated and inclusive place to work. We hold our Leeds Way Values in high esteem and respect all colleagues. Within the trust we are always looking to improve and give the best service possible and we are looking for individuals with the same drive to join us.
DIT look after the Trusts information technology, responsible for delivering and embedding the latest digital innovations, finding the right hardware and software to meet business needs, turning information into insight and everything in between. Its an exciting time to join us, as we offer varied and rewarding opportunities.
Wed love to consider your application if you want to be a part of delivering operational services that allow patients to be treated effectively across Leeds.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJOB PURPOSE/SUMMARY
The purpose of this role is to support technical solutions to assist in the delivery of Trust wide data provisions and to contribute to a robust and implemented reporting strategy for Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
The role will provide a range of opportunities to work with multiple technical Information applications, methods, and processes to enhance your existing skillset and elevate your career progression prospects.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work closely with Senior Information Analysts to facilitate the integration of clinical information system outputs into the data warehouse and manage associated documentation.
- Aid the Technical Information team in delivering a consistent approach to extracting data from Clinical Information Systems to support the national audit and submission programme.
- Routinely check Clinical Information Systems data ingested into Data Warehouse for consistency and integrity.
- Provide timely and accurate information to managers in a format that is readily understood and relevant to the decision-making process.
- Provide technical support and advice to operational and corporate teams.
- Identify, monitor, and report on data quality issues.
- Monitor and forecast progress against internal Trust, local and national targets.
- Keep fully up to date with national projects and developments to understand the impact of changes at local level.
- Ensure a timely and accurate response to any queries, both internal and external.
- Build and maintain a productive working relationship with operational and corporate team colleagues.
- Support the ongoing development of Trust information systems.
- Postgraduate qualification or ability to demonstrate equivalent level of experience
- i.e. specialist IM& T training/study/research, attendance at relevant conferences/workshops.
- Any related to development and maintenance of a Microsoft SQL Server environment (DML, DDL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Any related to an Azure cloud environment.
- Experience - Essential criteriaSQL developer skillset in versions 2012-2019, along with a strong background in developing under the Microsoft SQL Server Stack.
- Excellent Data Preparation knowledge to support Business Intelligence analytics and reporting.
- Experience in the use of SourceVersion Control systems such as GitHub.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant aptitude for learning new technical skills and continuous development.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a dynamic, changing environment and make sound decisions in time critical situations.
- Ability to demonstrate relentless drive, energy and determination to delivery sustainable performance.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to all levels, both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organisation and personal management skills.
- Possess a strong sense of purpose and proactively seek responsibility and ownership.
- Creativity and lateral thinking.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand enterprise solutions.
- High standards of integrity and ethics with a demonstrable strong customer service ethos.
Skills & BehavioursEssential
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Any skills related to an Azure cloud environment.
- NHS Data and Information standards
- Skills & behaviours - EssentialAbides by the Trust policy on standards of business conduct.
- Committed to continuous active personal development involving formal training and personal study.
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the service.
- A self-starter with a degree of independence
- A finisher who maintains the same level of enthusiasm throughout each project
- A bias towards collaborative teamwork
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Identifying and resolving complex data problems.
- Multi-disciplinary team working.
- Planning and organisation, prioritisation.
- Training and mentoring.
- Analytical and information consultancy.
- Analytical report writing.
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.