CONSULTANT IN FORENSIC LEARNING DISABILITY FORENSIC OUTREACHAND LIAISON SERVICEFull Time, 10 PAs per week
South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust have been commissioned to provide a Community Forensic Learning Disability Service to the West Yorkshire STP to support individuals with Learning Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder who display offending behaviour more effectively within the community, safely managing risk and avoiding contact with the criminal justice system or admission to secure hospital where possible.
We are recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Forensic Outreach Liaison Service Team for Learning Disability based at Fieldhead Hospital, Wakefield, WF1 3SP. This role plays a vital part in ensuring our patients live well and will be an integral role within the FOLS team.
The post holder will be supported by a multi-disciplinary team including a team manager, advanced nurse practitioners, psychologist, occupational therapist and social worker.
Candidates with CCT/Article 14 or within 6 months of CCT are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to speak to:
Dr Prabhat Mahapatra, Medical Clinical Lead for Low Secure Services
Contact Details: 01924 316441
Associate Director, Forensics
07384 248 875
Dr Subha Thiyagesh, Medical Director
Contact Details: (01924) 327138Main duties of the job
Please note the full advert, job description and person specification for this post can be found under the supporting documents section.About us
We are a specialist NHS Foundation Trust that provides community, mental health and learning disability services for the people of Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We also provide low and medium secure services and are the lead for the west Yorkshire secure provider collaborative.
Our mission is to help people reach their potential and live well in their communities, we do this by providing high-quality care in the right place at the right time. We employ staff in both clinical and non-clinical services who work hard to make a difference to the lives of service users, families and carers.We encourage and welcome applications from all protected characteristic groups, we value diversity and want our workforce to be reflective of our communities.
Being a foundation Trust means were accountable to our members, who can have a say in how were run. Around 14,300 local people (including staff) are members of our Trust.
Join us and you will be one of over 4,500 staff committed to supporting and improving the mental, physical and social needs of the thousands of people we meet and help each year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do reserve to right to close vacancy before the advertised closing date if necessary, so please apply as soon as possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Job Description and Person Specification for this post can be found under the supporting documents section.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership and collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to lead Case-Based Discussion Groups
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients.
- Has cared for close family / friend with mental health needs.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register for Learning Disabilities with special interest in forensic psychiatry, or within six months of gaining.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within three months of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve within three months of appointment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.