The Assertive Outreach Team is seeking to recruit a keen and well-motivated Community Mental Health Nurse who has a passion for working with people with severe and enduring mental illness, their families and carers to help maintain a good quality of life. The team cover the Cheltenham, North Cotswolds and Tewkesbury areas in Gloucestershire; and is made up of Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Health workers, as well as Support Workers. You will be provided with regular supervision as part of your role and there are bi-monthly peer support team meetings that you would be expected to attend as part of your ongoing CPD and development. You will have an allocated supervisor / mentor as well as opportunities for further studies relating to the role. The post is a full time position of 37.5 hours a week, mostly 09:00 to 17:00 but some weekend and Bank Holiday cover will be expected if clinical need dictates.
Main duties of the job
MAIN ASPECTS OF ROLE
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care needs of a specific group of service users
- Supervise mentor and teach qualified and unqualified staff including students
- Coordinate care for a specified group of service users
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Job description Job responsibilities
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people. Detailed Job Description
and main responsibilities are available in the attached Job Description for the applicant.
Person Specification Qualification and Experience Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Qualification (or award pending)
- Experience of Multi-disciplinary working in a community setting
- Evidence of continued professional development
- European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent
- Evidence of formal post registration learning
Personal attributes, skills and abilities Essential
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
- Flexibility, ability to work across a 7-day rota
Professional Knowledge Essential
- Good knowledge of Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act
- Demonstrable skills in Risk assessment
- Knowledge of the different approaches to mental health assessment
- Knowledge of evidence based intervention with service users in an all phases of mental illness
- Ability to work on social factors affecting mental distress e.g. accommodation, substance misuse, domestic violence, welfare rights
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment, dual diagnosis and health and social care needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.