INTERNAL ONLY TO NORTH CUMBRIA INTEGRATED CARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (NCIC) TRUST EMPLOYEES ONLY
This role is to support the Pelvic Health Physiotherapy (PHP) team to develop theservice across North Cumbria in consultation with the wider MDT, striving to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
The role is to provide professional leadership for PHP's within the MSK Physiotherapy Service. To plan, organise, and provide education and training to all grades of PHP staff and the wider MDT, as required.
The lead will seek to consolidate and extend advanced postgraduate experience, clinical skills and knowledge through demonstrable continuing professional development inclusive of specialist post graduate courses.Main duties of the job
Please see detailed job description, attached to the advert.
To support with the strategic delivery of a Pelvic Health Physiotherapy (PHP) service through the planning, delivery, and evaluation of a high quality service to the population of North Cumbria.
To lead and support the development of PHP pathways at North Cumbria Integrated Care Foundation Trust (NCIC) in line with evidence-based and best practice guidelines.
To be professionally and clinically responsible for highly specialist PHP assessment and treatment, working as an autonomous practitioner managing patients with a wide range of highly complex conditions.
To initiate and undertake audit and research specific to PHP and implement changes to practice according to findings.
To support the Head of Physiotherapy with the strategic delivery of a Pelvic Health Physiotherapy (PHP) service through the planning, delivery, and evaluation of a high quality service to the population of North Cumbria.
To be involved in the development of the PHP service across North Cumbria in consultation with the wider MDT, striving to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
To provide professional leadership for Pelvic Health Physiotherapists within the MSK Physiotherapy Service.
To lead and support the development of PHP pathways at North Cumbria Integrated Care Foundation Trust (NCIC) in line with evidence-based and best practice guidelines.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money wel
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisationJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
email@example.com or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy recognised Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Evidence or portfolio of postgraduate continued development in specialist clinical area
- Membership of specialist interest group
- Evidence of post registration education, specifically in Pelvic Health Physiotherapy at Master's level or equivalent.
- Substantial postgraduate experience at a Band 6/7 level or equivalent including within specialist area
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of approaches for the management of patients within specialist clinical area
- Experience of leading group work
- Previous experience of junior staff & student supervision/ clinical education
- Experience of clinical audit and/or research
- Evidence of active involvement in service development & contribution to change within the workplace
- Evidence of Leadership skills
- Evidence of advanced clinical reasoning and the management of complex cases
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to best practice and awareness of relevant national standards/ guidelines
- Ability to critically evaluate current research & apply to own practice
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Proven experience of change management
Skills and AppitudesEssential
- Specialist knowledge within the specialist field and ability to apply this in a clinical setting
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of clinical governance and its application to the work setting
- Awareness of current initiatives within the Local and National health economy
- Clear evidence of Continuing Professional Development at Highly Specialist level.
- Ability to communicate effectively - give and receive feedback
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Ability to organise own workload
- Self motivated
- Can demonstrate high level of computer skills (including EPR Microsoft Office and other clinically relevant programmes)
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including assertiveness in a range of situations
- Ability to negotiate at a variety of levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self -motivated and able to motivate others
- A flexible approach
- Car owner/driver
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willing to participate in training of others
- Take an active part in training for personal and professional development
- Promote equality and value diversity
- Develop a culture that promotes equality and values diversity
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Cumberland Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.