The consultant is expected to take an active part in audit and other quality improvement activities. They are expected to actively contribute to monitoring standards, service and team evaluation and to the development of their service.
Consultants are expected from time to time to support the investigation of clinical issues that may arise in other services in the trust.
Main duties of the job
- Undertake assessments of referrals/ admissions to the service
- Diagnose and formulate management plans in complex presentations.
- Provide management in treatment resistant and complex presentations
- Assessment and management of risk including of vulnerability, suicide risk, risks to health and safety and risk of harm to others.
- To be the nominated RC for all patients on Priestners Unit and therefore be section 12 and AC approved.
- To participate in rota for scrutiny of Mental Health Act paper work for the site.
- Preparation of Mental Health Review Tribunal and Managers' Hearings reports and attendance at subsequent hearings.
- Work in a collaborative way with multidisciplinary teams including external partners.
- Work in partnership with psychiatrists from partner providers such as Forensic and Rehabilitation Psychiatrists.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Lead clinical decision making in the multidisciplinary team to ensure the delivery of high quality care
- Develop service clinical priorities in line with national and professional guidance and standards
- Engage with service transformation programmes including attendance at Consultant meetings for their service and directorate.
- Provide clinical supervision for trainees in gaining core psychiatric experience
- Provide clinical supervision for psychiatric trainees in achieving competencies in core general psychiatry
- Provide input in relation to medical students from UCLAN who are based on the ward
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.