We are offering an experienced nurse the opportunity to join an established Older People's Service to develop your practice within Barnet Older People Services and to build upon your experience of working in a specialist field.
You will be employed by Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust and will work closely with all professionals in the Barnet Older People CMHT with a multidisciplinary team including a Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Social Workers. You will provide specialist and holistic assessment and support to patients and their families in their homes and care homes, who are living with dementia and other functional mental health illnesses.
Whilst being managed within the Community Mental Health Team, you will be supported by CMHT and Manager and Clinical Lead through protected monthly practice development and clinical supervision, as well as continuing professional development.
Main duties of the job
To work as a member of the Community Mental Health Team. To provide effective care and specialist advice for people with complex mental health needs and their carers, in order to support their wellbeing and recovery.
To liaise with other agencies in planning and assessing programmes of care. Provide formal, on-going clinical supervision and caseload management supervision to junior and less experienced community mental health staff, as directed.
To undertake duties designed to extend clinical and managerial expertise as delegated by the manager when required. This will include deputising in the absence of the Senior Practitioner.Interview date: 28-June- 2022.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which is the lead provider of forensic mental health services; that managed the devolved New Models of care budget, it delivers MH care across some of the prisons, and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification by clicking on the JD/PS attachment in the advert
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- 1st Level Registration RMN/Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Evidence of further post-registration education and training.
- Further training within the specialist area of Mental Health for the Older Person.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- oMinimum of 3 years post registration experience, one of which will be as a practitioner at band 5, working with people with severe and enduring mental health problems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Ability to work under pressure in acute situations with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Essential
- Car driver/owner
- Ability to work flexibly, including participation in the daily Sector Duty System (not operational in Enfield but this may change).
PERSONAL QUALITIES Essential
- Motivated, friendly with a good sense of humour.
- Ability to think and work flexibly to adapt to different approaches.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.