INTERNAL ONLY TO NORTH CUMBRIA INTEGRATED CARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (NCIC) TRUST EMPLOYEES ONLY 37.5 hours per week, shifts inc nights Higher Apprenticeship - Registered Nurse Degree Apprentice (Adult/Children Pathway) Attention all Assistant Practitioners/Nursing Associates: Are you ready to progress and develop?
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for current Assistant Practitioners/ Nursing Associates to develop their skills and train to be a Registered Nurse with the Open University.
Applications are invited from Assistant Practitioners/Nursing Associates with a foundation degree gained within the last 5 years. Applicants MUST possess GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent functional skills level 2 and the certificates to evidence this along with the Care Certificate.You will be required to provide these prior to interview.Main duties of the job
Undertake and achieve the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship with the Open University. You will be required to undertake 1 day a week as study and attend placements in different areas around the Trust in order to meet the NMC placement hours. PLEASE specify EITHER Child OR Adult nursing in your supporting information as the interview panel is branch specific.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
email@example.com or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Foundation Degree in Healthcare within the last 5 years
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade C/4 or above or Functional Skills Level 2 or Equivalent
- Care Certificate
- Undertake and achieve the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship
- Evidence in supporting the development of others
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise effectively
- Demonstrate evidence to work as part of a team
- Experience of providing and receiving complex, sensitive information
- oAt least 12 months experience or minimum 500 hours working for NCIC within the last year
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- Demonstrable understanding of the extent of the role
- Understanding of scope of professional practice
- Understanding of reflective practice and its application
- Self-awareness and appreciation of limitations
- Demonstrate ability of change management
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal and non-verbal communication) with patients/clients/service users, their relatives and carers and all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organise and prioritise own delegated workload
- Ability to develop effective and appropriate relationships with patient/clients/service users, their families, carers and colleagues
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team
- IT skills
- The ability to demonstrate the compassionate values and behaviours needed for dignified care.
- Committed to undertake and achieve the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship
- Ability to travel independently
- Able to work 24/7 and flexibly across a range of in-patient and community settings
- High level of personal motivation
- Promote equality and value diversity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Manager support to undertake the apprenticeship within current work base
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.