This is a Consultant Psychiatry post working with children with mental health difficulties in the Neurodevelopmental pathway
This is a substantive post which has been created as the previous post holder is leaving the service. This post will have responsibility for children with Neurodevelopmental Conditions including Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder.
This post-holder will be professionally accountable to the Medical Director of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust, and managerially to the Clinical Director of the Haringey Directorate.
There is additional leadership and development opportunity as part of the NCL wide transformation work in the development of Neurodevelopmental pathways, ensuring the service we offer is at the fore front of evidence based assessment and treatment and supports the Transforming Care Agenda. There will be opportunities to support the development of existing services such as TCAPS and the early implementation of the ASD/LD Nationwide Keyworker project.
See JD for further Details
Main duties of the job
For further details contact:
- The role of ensuring that clinical care provided to the service users is of a high quality and is provided within the Trust's policy framework.
- The post holder will undertake the necessary clinical administrative duties associated with providing excellent patient care
- The post holder will be an active member of the multidisciplinary team, and therefore attend multidisciplinary team meetings and provide advice and support to the team.
- To support the further transformation of the service and lead on QI projects.
- To ensure all cases are appropriately allocated to professionals within the expertise and skills available in the team.
- To play a role in implementing children and young people's IAPT.
- To play an active role in developing services under the Transforming Care Agenda.
- To assess and treat children and families.
- To actively engage in links with other parts of Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services, Primary Care Services, Social Services and other agencies relevant to the services.
- To have primary responsibility for cases where they have direct face to face contact
- To have shared responsibility for cases on which they collaborate or co-work with other professionals.
Dr Khalid Aziz - Clinical Director, Barnet Services
At Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust (BEH) we provide integrated mental health and community health services to the people of North London, as well as some services regionally and nationally. We employ more than 3,300 staff, which makes us one of the largest employers in our area. Last year we had 293,949 patient contacts, helping to treat 2,330 people on our wards and 318,618 in the community. In 2019-20 our income was around £255 million.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS), which was rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. This service treats and cares for people within the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services and mental health liaison services in North Middlesex University Hospitals Trust. Our values and quality improvement are at the heart of everything we do.
Job description Job responsibilities Education:
Provide weekly supervision to ST1-3s doctor and monthly supervision for the Specialty doctor working in the team, in line with the Royal College of Psychiatrist and BEH standards.
To contribute to the teaching of Medical Students and Trainee Doctors.
To engage in the Academic Teaching Programme. Leadership:
The post holder will form part of the Barnet CAMHS Leadership Team and will have a leadership opportunity across all 3 boroughs (Barnet, Enfield and Haringey) and across the NCL. Management:
This is not a formal management position, however as a consultant psychiatrist you are expected to:
- Support the team manager in managing members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high level of patient care and ensure patient safety.
- Act as line manager to all medical members within the team offering clinical supervision as appropriate.
- Address all areas of clinical governance within the multidisciplinary team. The components of clinical governance include: Education and Training, Clinical Audit, Clinical effectiveness, Research and Development, Openness and Risk Management.
- Accountability is to the Medical Director in Barnet.
- The appointee will take a proactive role in the management of the service through membership of the Camhs Leadership Team.
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- oOn the General Medical Council Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining a CCT
- o Experience in Liaison Psychiatry
- o Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- o Section 12(2) Approval. Eligible to act as RC for detained patients or eligible membership of a professional indemnity organization
- oEngagement with Annual Appraisal
- oExperience of Safeguarding Children framework
- oMembership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- oHigher degree in a relevant subject
- oExperience of working in a culturally diverse area
Quality Improvement Productivity Protection Essential
- oExperience of QIPP activity
- oExperience of developing a service component
- oExperience of leading management projects
Teaching and Training Essential
- o Experience in multidisciplinary teaching
- oNegotiation skills
- o Qualification in teaching
- oAchieved competencies to be Clinical Supervisor in accordance with HEE requirements
- o Co-operation in clinical research
- oPublication in a peer-reviewed journal
- oLeading Clinical Research
IT Experience and Skills Essential
- Experience in data gathering and management
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use e-mail and Internet
Personal Skills Essential
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the NHS
- Highest level of integrity
- oCapacity to respond positively to the changing NHS environment
- oExcellent communication skills in verbal and written media
Leadership and Management Desirable
- oExperience of Clinical Leadership
- oEngagement with Service Management
- oManagement Training
- oUnderstanding of contracting, finance and activity monitoring
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.