The post holder will work across the community environments and hospital environment within CCNs, providing care to children / young people with healthcare needs. This will involve providing respite care, supporting outpatient clinics, special needs schools and the clinical service when working within the community.
To work as a member of the CCNs and the wider multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the child/ young person receive a high standard of nursing care by adopting a family centred approach.
To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to ensure that the needs of the child/ young person are met.
ABUHB is an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work. We recognise the importance of feeling valued and the impact this has on both staff and patients. We expect high standards of behaviour treating colleagues and patients with dignity and respect at all times. Dedication and commitment are important values we share.
We are a forward thinking organisation and encourage innovation and creativity. We invest in staff and encourage training and education as part of continuous learning.Main duties of the job
- providing nursing care to children/ young people within the community.
- participate in the care of children/ young people with complex needs
- discharge planning
- conduct nursing assessments
- collaborative working and good communication.
- providing evidence based care .
- multi-disciplinary team / collaborative working
- provide clinical care (eg: post operative care, wound management, blood sampling/ venepuncture, administration of medication, obtain samples etc)
- undertake aspects of nursing care (e.g. enteral feeding, tracheostomy care, obtain baseline observations, samples, wound/stoma management)
- Assist in the support of children and their families caring for the dependant or dying child.
- provide respite care
- work within paediatric outpatient clinics
- support children and young people attending educational facilities and participate in the delivery of their nursing care.
- take appropriate action in nursing emergencies
- complete comprehensive and accurate documentation, assessments and report
- To contribute to the Continuing Care process
- To adhere to the All Wales and Health Board Safeguarding procedures
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of a band 5 staff nurse and the needs of the acute and community services.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current NMC registration. Registered Nurse (Child). Childrens Community Nursing Degree. Teaching & Assessing Qualification.
- Post registration experience in working in a paediatric setting.
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience working within the acute and community settings.
- Experience in working with children with complex healthcare needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Safeguarding experience / knowledge
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to deliver care in an informal setting
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Motivated to undertake further development and training
- Confidentiality awareness and resourcefullness
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr and Serennu Childrens Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.