Are you a nurse interested in a career in Substance Misuse? Are you motivated to help service users engage in their recovery journey? Are you a car owner/driver? Are you flexible? Are you proactive?
Would you like an opportunity to join our exciting and innovative Specialist Substance Misuse Service? I-access is seen as a forward thinking and innovative service. It has been a high performing service for many years and has remained in the NHS since it started over 3 decades ago. Quality standards are a high priority for the service and for Surrey County Council.
Due to the high performance of i-access over many years Surrey County Council and SABP have worked together to find a commissioning model that did not cause the damage and service disruption procurement processes can often result in. i-access is now jointly delivered by Surrey County Council and Surrey and Borders under a cooperation agreement. This is an ongoing agreement, which enables i-access to continue to deliver a quality service to Surrey residents without the disruption of an impending procurement process
We are offering a Band 6 opportunity as a Substance Misuse Nurse working with our East team in Redhill and covering the surrounding area.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be proactive in reducing harm in line with the recovery agenda and advocate for service users in addressing their physical, mental health and social care needs.
We are looking for dynamic nurses who have genuine interest in and empathy for people with a drug and alcohol addiction. We have 1 post for candidates who are comfortable travelling to and working in a variety of settings. This post is based currently at Wingfield Resource Centre, Redhill. There is an expectation to deliver interventions and satellite clinics across the surrounding area.
The post involves working as part of a Multidisciplinary Team providing 1:1 key work support for service users using both drugs and alcohol as part of their Recovery Treatment Plan. Experience in strong team working across divisional and organisational boundaries is an advantage. The role is varied and exciting.
The successful applicants will have experience of working within the substance misuse and/or mental health field, have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an understanding of problems faced by people with substance misuse issues.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Suitable for someone who is a professional, dynamic and experienced nurse and has excellent complex risk management and crisis intervention skills in a fast moving environment, adaptable and can meet the needs of service users establishing strong professional supportive relationships. To work and act appropriately on own initiative within a multi-disciplinary team and has the skills to utilise knowledge, skills and experience to deliver a high standard of evidence based clinical interventions.
You will have knowledge, skills and experience in Mental Health and Substance Misuse with an excellent understanding of the recovery agenda.
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Developing strength-based recovery plans with individuals that are comprehensive, person-centred and individualised based on a clear assessment of the individuals needs and circumstances.
- Manage a case load with some complex service users including Safeguarding Children/Adult, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol issues providing 1:1 key working and group work according to the needs of the service.
- Ability to manage a caseload including diary management, record keeping, care planning and risk assessments.
- Ability to engage and manage service users with challenging behaviour.
- Referrals to other services where appropriate and joint working with partnership agencies.
- To be part of the i-access team and liaise with relevant professionals in delivering appropriate interventions including medical reviews, BBV interventions and community-based recovery support ie SMART / Fellowship and i-access group programme.
- To provide clinical care for service users with drug and alcohol dependency issues including knowledge of Opiate Substitution Therapy and Alcohol Treatment Pathways in the Community.
- To provide high quality substance misuse information, advice, support, liaison, treatment and signposting.
- To work closely with the MDT, service users, and supervisors to provide high quality 1:1 work including assessments / joint assessments, advice, information, support and substance misuse interventions working collaboratively with the team.
- Evidence of continuing professional development in relevant subjects
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a substance misuse setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sound knowledge of working with OST clients and managing prescriptions
- Experience of facilitating groups
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wingfield Resource Centre
St Anne's Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.