Public Health Nurse 5-19 Band 6 East Hertfordshire permanent full time role.
Are you a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN), School Nursing, looking for a new challenge that will allow you to develop your leadership by managing a skill mix team within an innovative 5-19 Public Health Nursing Team? This role will enable you to fulfill your Public Health role leading on delivery of the 5-19 Healthy Child Programme (HCP) as well as working with SCPHNs, Team Leaders and Clinical Leads across Hertfordshire to continually improve the quality of service offered to children and young people. Hertfordshire Community Trust (HCT) are committed to developing the skills of all nurses and offer a range of leadership courses as well as restorative management and safeguarding supervision.Main duties of the job
This post is also suitable for newly qualified SCPHN School Nurse students as we are able to offer a comprehensive preceptorship programme. We would also consider staffs that have completed an alternative Public Health Nursing qualification that has an interest in promoting the health and well-being of children and young people.About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust visionWe welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with youJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Is committed to delivering a high quality service to our children and families in an integrated model with Family Support Services
- Works with individual children and young people as well as developing local public health plans with schools and the wider community
- Is an innovative service that embraces the use of technology
- Delivers the Healthy Child Programme by using an electronic health needs assessment process to identify individuals requiring early intervention pathways
- Uses Chat health text messaging service for 11-19 year olds
- Has implemented two health websites for use by children, young people, families & professionals.
- Has developed and promoted the use of social media to connect with children, young people and their families.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident, independent practitioner
- Be a skilled team player and able to lead a skill mix team
- Have excellent communication skills to use with a variety of clients, professionals & staff
- Have experience of electronic record keeping (this would be an advantage although full training will be given)
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
- Require an enhanced child and adult DBS certificate
In return we can offer you:
- access to a wide range of training opportunities including development of leadership skills
- restorative, management and safeguarding supervision
- High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of �1,034 and a maximum payment of �1,791 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
- Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is an innovative, caring and agile organisation.
Informal visits are welcome to meet our friendly team!
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19
Word versions of documents are available if needed to allow for any adaptations to be made i.e. font, colour, background, convert to Read Aloud.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse/ direct entry Midwifery qualification.
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (School Nursing)
- Current Registration with NMC
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Evidence of leadership in service change/redesign
- Mentorship and preceptorship/ENB 998 or other relevant recognised teaching/assessment qualification or willingness to undertake.
- Nurse prescribing qualification(V100,V150)
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of safeguarding children procedures and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of integrated practice and Families First process.
- Excellent written communication skills, to include record keeping (both electronic and manual), report writing, data collection, and evaluations.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Queensway Health Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.