The Intensive Support Team (IST) works across Bedfordshire & Luton supporting people with a learning disability during a crisis. We are looking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic nurse, who have experience of working with people with learning disabilities and/or mental health. You must demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, supporting colleagues in delivering a high quality service for people on the community caseload and an inpatient setting.
IST provides a 24-hour crisis service to adults with a learning disability whose mental health has relapsed, if there is a change in behaviour that is putting themselves or others at risk and/or the individual is at risk of admission to an acute mental health ward.
Main duties of the job
IST supports people in their own homes in the Bedfordshire and Luton community, the intention is for the MDT to support the individual through the crisis, to maintain and improve their quality of life by identifying and addressing issues related to mental wellbeing, communication, sensory integration difficulties and the function of a particular behaviour.
The Intensive Support Team is a very progressive and unique service so if you are keen to develop your professional skills and experience, would like more information or an informal visit, please contact;
Sharon Grant (Clinical Team Manager) on 01234 310538.
Job description Job responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring that the values outlined in the NHS Constitution are adhered to daily and any matters of concern are raised with the relevant Line Manager or through the necessary processes within the Trust.
Responsible for delivering a compassionate, dignified, respectful service is provided to patients at all times
The post holder will work across both an inpatient unit and a community setting across Bedfordshire, managing a caseload providing assessment, care, treatment and discharge planning for people who have a learning disability with additional complex mental health and or behaviour that challenges, through close collaboration with the person, carers, health care colleagues and other service providers.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Relevant professional qualification (RNMH/RNLD)
- Evidence of continued professional development and mentorship
- Demonstrable experience of caring and working with people with a learning disability with challenging behaviour/ mental health issues
- Demonstrable experience nursing within Learning Disability/ Mental Health Teams
- Understanding of current NHS/Social care policies/ best practice relating to people with a learning disability
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues and the ability to integrate into employment policies and practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of learning disabilities and mental health
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Ability to work independently
- Physically able to undertake Prevention and management of aggression training
- Able to travel across sites within the county
- Flexible working to the needs of the service
- Advanced IT Skills, including use of Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.